Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B6 a4 ecm/immo help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
1st Gear
Default B6 a4 ecm/immo help!

Howdy Forum!!
I come to you today with the challenges of buying an unknown auction car!
I recently won a 02’ A4 1.8 5spd @ Auction for a steal (so it seems thus far)
No body damage, excellent interior, listed as “mechanically damaged” – ok I can work with that, rebuilt/replaced a lot of engines, transmissions, differentials etc…

Got it home, charged the battery figured lets see whats going on…
Key on, Engine Off:
Fuel pump runs
Dash lights & relays click
I Click over to start it fires up and dies immediately… immo light and Brake light flashing…
I figure ok, lets hook up the scanner..
A few codes, mainly communication with TCU (WTF no TCU in this car its a 5spd!) leading me to pop the ecm cover to reveal a replacement ecu from a junk yard.

Solved I think,
Just need to match the ecm to the cluster immo and re-code the AUTO ecm to tell it I have a 5 spd…

WAIT … I need the PIN or SKC to do this, DAMM and I need PIN/SKC for BOTH units since they are from 2 different cars…

Anyone have a super secret way to retrieve the PIN/SKC not only from my Bosch Cluster but from the ECM too??

If anyone can help me out I would be super greatful!!! Even buy you a case of your favorite beer!
In San Diego , CA if anyone has some magical cable/tool that wont brick my cluster/ECM
I have some Chinese VAG CAN COMMANDER AND PIN READER but that didn't work.

THANKS GUYS and GALS!!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

You should check with a local locksmith in your area that specializes in automotive security keys. Some have the tools to retrieve the pins for you and it may be cheaper than the dealer.