Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B6 Revo Chip Review

Old 01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
4th Gear
Default B6 Revo Chip Review

Ok.. so, its a sunny monday in Scottsdale, Arizona.. as I arrive at 'BHS Tuning'. (which is located very close to 'Dyno-Comp')

I wanted one of the three main chips, IE: Revo, APR and possibly.. GIAC.

But Dyno-Comp has their own chip so I decide against Dyno-Comp and head over to 'BHS Strip and Street' (They offer REVO tuning, which was what I desired most)[8D]

He tells me to pull around to the back, I park in the back.. he grabs his laptop, and walks down to my car, we talk a bit hes a cool guy. Has a 2006/2007 VW Rabbit with a GT30R, its a realll sleeper. Awesome car, I was impressed.

So he starts loading the program, takes all of about 10-15 minutes.. he shows me the code and its literally numbers and letters sitting in a notepad. Its just insane to me that it translates to POWERRR

So its done, I pay him.. ask him if I need to go easy on it. And he responds, "What for?! Nows your time to shine!" And he tells me the gains will be very noticable, so of course I am very excited but still in disbelief that it will be THAT different, I mean its a mod I can't visibly see, that required no physical install! How in the hell is this gonna make my car so much better?

So I start er' up.. just backing out, riding the clutch a bit.. vroooommm PSHHH*. Immediatly the BOV is 10x louder than it previously was. So I pull it up to the stop sign, and nail it onto the litttle back streets surrounded by offices, not much traffic. vroooom PSH, vrooom PSH, vroooom PSH.. going 70 before I knew it. Exhaust is muchhh deeper, the blow off is verry vocal and has a new 'true-r' sound. AMAZING DIFFERENCE... before if I was sitting at 3k RPMS on the free way in 5th gear going 60ish.. I'd have to downshift to get around someone/something with agility. Not anymore, it will go.. and my speedometer will keep moving at a fairly quick rate up into the 100's. I'm in love, was the best decision I've made so far, and I'm actually happy I put the mods I did on it prior to chipping. The car sounds amaaazzzing.

Once lowers are painted and testpipe is installed, hopefully by the end of Febuary. Expect a compilation video of my car doing various things, and pictures.

I got a new job making some pretty good cash so I should have it like that soon.. then getting a boost gauge, and going stage 2.

IF YOU AREN'T CHIPPED. DO IT. IMMEDIATLY. ITS AWESOME.

(If you read through all that I love you, tried to make it entertaining..)

Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: B6 Revo Chip Review

how come you didn't get stage 1+? and what kind of BOV do you have? you should take some vids.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear

if you think that is amazing, you shouldnt have wasted your $$$ for the stage 1

shoulda got APR 1+ or GIAC FX

23lbs boostand much much more torque... i can actually feel some pull in my front wheels now and im sure a lot more when i get my FE SS in and broken in!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Zombie Defense Force

about time. i think i have been telling you for the past year or so to do this. glad yo like it

Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

if you think that is amazing, you shouldnt have wasted your $$$ for the stage 1

shoulda got APR 1+ or GIAC FX

23lbs boostand much much more torque... i can actually feel some pull in my front wheels now and im sure a lot more when i get my FE SS in and broken in!
most places will upgrade your chip for the price of the difference, so he can still go 1+ whenever he feels like it

Old 01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

how come you didn't get stage 1+? and what kind of BOV do you have? you should take some vids.
Yeah I'm going Stage 1+ or Stage 2.. as REVO seemed to call it. Soon...

I have a Forge BOV, 15% blow off.(I think) Actually is very loud for what it is, I'm even suprised.

And yeah I will get you guys some videos and stuff like that when I get a chance

Old 01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

Ok.. so, its a sunny monday in Scottsdale, Arizona.. as I arrive at 'BHS Tuning'. (which is located very close to 'Dyno-Comp')

But Dyno-Comp has their own chip so I decide against Dyno-Comp and head over to 'BHS Strip and Street' (They offer REVO tuning, which was what I desired most)[8D]

He tells me to pull around to the back, I park in the back.. he grabs his laptop, and walks down to my car, we talk a bit hes a cool guy. Has a 2006/2007 VW Rabbit with a GT30R, its a realll sleeper. Awesome car, I was impressed.

So he starts loading the program, takes all of about 10-15 minutes.. he shows me the code and its literally numbers and letters sitting in a notepad. Its just insane to me that it translates to POWERRR

So its done, I pay him.. ask him if I need to go easy on it. And he responds, "What for?! Nows your time to shine!" And he tells me the gains will be very noticable, so of course I am very excited but still in disbelief that it will be THAT different, I mean its a mod I can't visibly see, that required no physical install! How in the hell is this gonna make my car so much better?

So I start er' up.. just backing out, riding the clutch a bit.. vroooommm PSHHH*. Immediatly the BOV is 10x louder than it previously was. So I pull it up to the stop sign, and nail it onto the litttle back streets surrounded by offices, not much traffic. vroooom PSH, vrooom PSH, vroooom PSH.. going 70 before I knew it. Exhaust is muchhh deeper, the blow off is verry vocal and has a new 'true-r' sound. AMAZING DIFFERENCE... before if I was sitting at 3k RPMS on the free way in 5th gear going 60ish.. I'd have to downshift to get around someone/something with agility. Not anymore, it will go.. and my speedometer will keep moving at a fairly quick rate up into the 100's. I'm in love, was the best decision I've made so far, and I'm actually happy I put the mods I did on it prior to chipping. The car sounds amaaazzzing.

Once lowers are painted and testpipe is installed, hopefully by the end of Febuary. Expect a compilation video of my car doing various things, and pictures.

I got a new job making some pretty good cash so I should have it like that soon.. then getting a boost gauge, and going stage 2.

How much you pay for the REVO?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: sandiegocanuck

ORIGINAL: Amze

How much you pay for the REVO?
$536 dollars with tax[8D]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i think the splitter is 10% vta
btw this is post 6666[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

hmmm do you have a stock clutch, and how many miles are on it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B6 Revo Chip Review