Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B6 Revo Chip Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: B6 Revo Chip Review

ORIGINAL: fitch303

hmmm do you have a stock clutch, and how many miles are on it?
Yep on a stock clutch..! 57k on the chasis.. 7k on the motor (Its new-ISH)

Got oil sludge a while back, all paid for by Audi. Had proof of using synthetic oil and changing it at the correct times

Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

I have also been considering the revo program, the fact that I dont have to remove my ecu and no down time really turns me on. Lol it seems as if alot of people on here have had their engine replaced. I just purchased my A4(at a toyota dealership)with 107k on it for 9500 and was concerned because of the miles and the fact I had no records on it.................untill Audi told me the motor was replaced at 50k, and just had the timing belt replaced 8k miles ago .with Running all this boost and increased performancewhen does the stock side mount become inadequate?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: fitch303
...with Running all this boost and increased performancewhen does the stock side mount become inadequate?
Heh. In the summer, the stock side mount is inadequate without any mods.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
5th Gear

its definitely not inadequate w/out a chip. but with a chip, it is in hot weather

Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ya brian sounds like you need a fmic and a clutch. maybe we can tackle this over the summer

Old 01-25-2008, 02:47 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

ya brian sounds like you need a fmic and a clutch. maybe we can tackle this over the summer
Ohhh... dude, that sounds like a great idea. Count me in on that one. I'll save for those parts and try to pick them up after I finish the other things I wanna get done

You da man jeff.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

yeah, REVo lets you pay the difference but APR was the same price for 1 or 1+ i just did the injector swap myself in their parking lot...

REVo stage II is kind of weird i hear, they wont flash you with it unless you have a test pipe at least and my REVo dealer wouldnt do it without me having a TP, exhaust, and intercooler first (and he claimed they didnt have a Big Injector file at first)... otherwise he said he would have to tune it down... APR is faster than the REVo II program anyway (i think revo claims 205hp on stage II wheras APR claims 235), theirs seems to be a general program u can use with a k04 too.. .if you are going BT though, REVo is certainly a great route, especially since the BT flash is only a $200 upgrade!

if you arent too hard on your clutch it should last, especially on just a stage 1 flash.. i am in the middle of replacing mine though.... its great fun!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

yeah, REVo lets you pay the difference but APR was the same price for 1 or 1+ i just did the injector swap myself in their parking lot...

REVo stage II is kind of weird i hear, they wont flash you with it unless you have a test pipe at least and my REVo dealer wouldnt do it without me having a TP, exhaust, and intercooler first (and he claimed they didnt have a Big Injector file at first)... otherwise he said he would have to tune it down... APR is faster than the REVo II program anyway (i think revo claims 205hp on stage II wheras APR claims 235), theirs seems to be a general program u can use with a k04 too.. .if you are going BT though, REVo is certainly a great route, especially since the BT flash is only a $200 upgrade!

if you arent too hard on your clutch it should last, especially on just a stage 1 flash.. i am in the middle of replacing mine though.... its great fun!
that's what REVO claims for their stage 1, not 2 or 1+ or whatever it is. They claim a 10-15% increase over that for their stage 2.

and both revo's stage 2 and apr's stage 1+ could be used with a k04 since its almost the same thing as a k03s.

oh and GIAC also has a file like this called GIAC FX. i've seen dyno comparisons on all the stage 1 software from the big three, it'd be cool if someone did the same thing for stage 1+, stage 2, and FX

Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
2nd Gear

yes, that would be very informative indeed.. im sure they are all very similar but ive just heard the REVo is different... the GIAC FX is the most aggressive and APR is rumored to be the smoothest (besides MTM)

i wished i had gone with REVo now because i have every supporting mod needed for a BT and im stuck with a $4500 APR 3+ option or a $1000 k04 option.... whereas if i had revo i could get a GTRS kit for $1799 i think? so im fucked, k04 for me

Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

yes, that would be very informative indeed.. im sure they are all very similar but ive just heard the REVo is different... the GIAC FX is the most aggressive and APR is rumored to be the smoothest (besides MTM)
yeah thats usually the case with all b6's and b7's

i wished i had gone with REVo now because i have every supporting mod needed for a BT and im stuck with a $4500 APR 3+ option or a $1000 k04 option.... whereas if i had revo i could get a GTRS kit for $1799 i think? so im fucked, k04 for me
yeah APR's kits are way overpriced, but they're the most reliable. It sucks that you get flashed instead of chipped, cause then you could just sell your chip and buy a revo one. do you lose being flashed when you disconnect the ECU?

Quick Reply: B6 Revo Chip Review