Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Beginning...(turbo questions)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Default The Beginning...(turbo questions)

I've had my car ('05 1.8t quattro sline) for a couple months now and it's around 8k mi. I think the engine is broken in well and it's time to do some mods. I had a few general questions regarding mods:

1) Which turbo upgrade? revo k05, neuspeed, or apr? please provide a reason for your preference.
2) Do you guys recommend going with one person for the full package ? (such as the stage 3 from goapr) or getting everything seperately and putting it together?
3) Is there a particular order I should do this in?
4) is chipping the car the same deal as programming the computer for a new turbo (or upgrade)?
5) Would greatly appreciate it if folks posted boost gauge pics on the B6, would like to see where they did it/ which ones they picked
6) What's up with the different turbo parts that I've seen (such as samco silicone turbo hoses and some other weired stuff)

i'm anxious to get started and i'll def post some before after pics.... appreciate the advice in advance.[/color]

Old 03-20-2005, 01:14 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: The Beginning...(turbo questions)

I would definetly stay away from the ko5 turbo, its not that great, unreliable also. Ko4 will make the same power because of all the software.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:57 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bizzle
1) Which turbo upgrade? revo k05, neuspeed, or apr? please provide a reason for your preference.
2) Do you guys recommend going with one person for the full package ? (such as the stage 3 from goapr) or getting everything seperately and putting it together?
3) Is there a particular order I should do this in?
4) is chipping the car the same deal as programming the computer for a new turbo (or upgrade)?
5) Would greatly appreciate it if folks posted boost gauge pics on the B6, would like to see where they did it/ which ones they picked
6) What's up with the different turbo parts that I've seen (such as samco silicone turbo hoses and some other weired stuff)
[/color]

1. Go with AWE's GT28RS kit that is coming out. Reason being it will be the best.
2. Get everything from AWE it should come out as a kit (i.e. Stage III)
3. And same time get FMIC, Turbo kit & DV (exhaust also)
4. Chipping and turbo software are alike. A chip would be just a chip (increase boost levels) and a chip for turbo would be software making the ECU & turbo interact in the correct manner.
5. While ordering from AWE pick up their center vent boost gauge
6. You probably don't need to upgrade to Samco hoses yet but I deff would get a front mount intercooler (FMIC), exhaust, diverter valve...

Old 03-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Administrator

1) theres the APR stage 3+ u can look in to and ya stay away from the revo E05
2) full packages are good cause they usually come with that good old programming
3) if u kno your gonna go crazy get the FMIC
4)chips are all the same
5) ifu got the money look up the HKS camp

Old 03-20-2005, 06:07 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: GRKA4
1. Go with AWE's GT28RS kit that is coming out. Reason being it will be the best.
Any details on this? I'm about to get their K04, but if this comes out anytime this year, I'm going for a upgrade.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 PM
2nd Gear

Poof! goes the warranty. Your call bro but personally I'd just chip it until my warranty ran out. There's at least ways around having your warranty voided with just a chip.

-T

Old 03-20-2005, 10:26 PM

Thanks so much for all the info, very valuable indeed. I researched the HKS, and i dig it a lot... just have to find a place to stick that bad boy! WRT to the turbos, i'm getting nervous about picking one.... i tried to locate the AWE kit, but no success. Could you send me some info on it if you have a link?

What's your opinion on:

http://www.greedspeed.com/products/p...B6%201.8t&cat=
http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/stage3_b6a4.html

The greedspeed looks like it's based off the revo., if that is the case, i'm not interested. Are revo products generally crappy? That would leave the APR and the AWE upgrades.

Just how big is the risk on warranty?

Old 03-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Administrator

we said stay away from the E05
and we did mention the APR stage 3s but u gonna say bye to the warrenty
look man if u dont have the money or knowlegde to do all this dont do it casue this will cost your big time really big,
this might cost you alot of money and the well being of your car so think twice and carefully and see if this something u want to do
those kits dont come with an exhaust system, FMIC, new DV, or anything to strenthen your transmission so more money there
so if your new at this rethink everything and look in to it alot more man

Old 03-20-2005, 10:47 PM
4th Gear

Com on panda, you can do a ko4 with the tip.Also, notice how they dont quote a hp number in the e05 link? yeah, stay away. Like i said before, ko4 will make as much hp with giac because it has better tuning, nuespeed is nothing special when it comes to tuning.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Administrator

neuspeed is the cheapest and weakest programing and

audiboy1618 wut where the numbers on the K04 remember and they say my tranny can only hold about 230 pound of torque prudy sad but i been lookin in to the Level 10 stuff and other places

Quick Reply: The Beginning...(turbo questions)