Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Blow off valve

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

A true ricer would never be satisfied with that^.. BOV's are much louder than that.
I like how everyone on here throws ricer around as a catch all for something they dont like/agree with. Thats pretty [sm=lame.gif]if you ask me.

And yeah, my 004 was louder than that vid....IN REVERSE!!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm make believe

Theanti-bov army

Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 PM
3rd Gear

The only way you should be putting a BOV on an Audi is if you are running standalone engine management, and if you are you shouldn't need to ask what you should run on your car.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: badassb5

The only way you should be putting a BOV on an Audi is if you are running standalone engine management, and if you are you shouldn't need to ask what you should run on your car.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif] sorry.....but.....NO

Old 05-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
ORIGINAL: Stuntman

DV on 1.8T only. n75 nuf sayd.
I dont know what if funnier, you guys bashing bov's OR the fact that he has a 2.0T.
READING > everyone in this thread.
The 2.0T has an internal dv, nothing like on the 1.8t. You guys really need to research and understand things before posting.
Bingo! We have a winner!

ORIGINAL: 18T
eh whatever d000ds.

just chip the car and get the 710N youll hear plenty of SW00SH . nuff said.
The 2.0t turbo system is much different than the 1.8t. The DV on the 1.8t won't even fit on the 2.0t. The 2.0t also has a different management system that accounts for a BOV when in use.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 AM

Doh.... I keep forgetting that audiforums.com lumps all A4's in to one forum. I have all the other audi forums bookmarked to just go straight to the B6 forum and not the main menu. The other Audi forums out there separate B5, B6 and B7 models. I keep finding myself answering posts hereand then deleting because I didn't realize the question was for B5. Forgot all about the B7. I keep forgetting to check the model the original poster has every time I post here, because on the other forums it's bookmarked to go straight to the B6 forum.
Doh.... my bad.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
3rd Gear

Ok, why do you say that? If you're running standalone you run a MAP sensor and take out the MAF. Back up your information before you start laughing at people that are probably more knowlegeable than you. Go onto AZ and confront mike-2ptzero (currently dynoed at 556 awhp) and has a Tial 50mm BOV

Old 05-10-2007, 09:42 AM

Ok, why do you say that? If you're running standalone you run a MAP sensor and take out the MAF. Back up your information before you start laughing at people that are probably more knowlegeable than you. Go onto AZ and confront mike-2ptzero (currently dynoed at 556 awhp) and has a Tial 50mm BOV
I don't think he means that what you say is wrong, per say. I think he means that you don't have to run standalone and remove MAF to run a BOV. There are a lot of people running BOV on AZ with everything from K03 through big turbo set ups with the MAF intact and no rich conditions or anything bad happening. It's personal preference and I think many on this board repeat the propaganda they hear and just, like robots, repeat, "Don't use a BOV", with the whole "DV/BPV-air-needs-to-be-accounted-for" schpeel. Which, in theory, seems correct. But in real life, on the B6 guy's, at least, BOV's are being run with no ill side effects on cars running MAF's. I think that's more what he's saying.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 AM
3rd Gear

I think you may be correct, however, the way he put it I took as an insult to my knowledge. I am not saying go out and purchase a BOV because I am an advocate for not running them on OEM configuration, for ease and safety in the tuning. However, I just put it in peoples ear that you can run a BOV if your tuning is at a level that requires it, etc..... but thanks for lookin' out.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Site Moderator

My definition of a Ricer, for the record, is any person that modifies their car for sound, and tacky appearance. While most ricers arebred from Honda Civic's, the "Ricer" label can be applied to anyobnoxiously loudcar modded for loudness only, even an Audi. It seems kids hear "turbo" and all they think of is NOISE! Then they watch The Fast and The Furious and find out what a blow off valve is. MOST of them care nothing about how they work/operate/affect/not affect your engine operation. Its all about the sound for most of these people, and that is why noobs that want BOV's are so annoying for most people.
If you have not had the experience of coming into contact with a ricer, go to auto zone and check out aisle 4. Youll find him trying decide between the intake that he is convincedgives 20 extra hp and a set of real nicepurple LED windshield washer nozzle cap lights.

Quick Reply: Blow off valve