Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off Valve....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 02:04 AM
1st Gear
Default Blow off Valve....

I've read the archives about BV's being it not good of the Audi, but would it serve a useful device than the Diverter? The blow off valve will act as reliable diaphragm to the vichele. For example, if a person has a small diaphragm that person would simply grasp air on a 1 mile race, but with a bigger, diaphragm, would you think that person will have a good release of air to circulation fresh oxygen?

I boughta BVsimilar to this

Old 06-22-2007, 02:08 AM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Blow off Valve....

would be good in the butt

Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 18T

would be good in the butt
Ha ha[sm=exactly.gif]I can't believe how many times i've seen this topic come up since i joined this forum.....and it wasn't that long ago.[:@]

Old 06-22-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

That looks like the hks bov. if it is i had the same one on my talon and i tied it back into the downpipe so it recurculated itself. it was kind of a hack job and looked like **** but it worked. you'd half to do the same with the a4 cause the engine actually relies on the excess air being recurculated into the intake system. its ecu pre-maps the air/fuel mixure rate before the the process even takes place so its relying on the extra air from the dv so it gives the fuel to match. if that extra air isnt there the ecu doesnt know and still adds that fuel, intern, burning off rich...which, if bad enough good stall out your car.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:51 AM
18T
4th Gear

or you can just chip your car and get a upgrated DV.. youll get all the swoosh sound you need. so much infact.. that it will probably get annoying.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear

or you can just chip your car and get a upgrated DV.. youll get all the swoosh sound you need. so much infact.. that it will probably get annoying.
Sounds good to me.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
3rd Gear

x2. Another good idea is to check out this link for future reference!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:59 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

BOV questions? All of your answers can be found here!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

One one can really give a good argument about the real pro's and cons of using this device, all are going with DV, because everyone or the first BOV thread, refers to a DV and away with the BOV. Fom a few threads that I have read, Johnny always agrees with Ralph, because Ralph and Johnny are friends and a DV is all that Ralph could afford and know, told Johhny of how wonderful it works, Johnny is convinced. He is now in band with Ralph and told all of their friends, now they all have one. There is no realy gain with DV and BOV, they are just devices that helps the boost to be effective and efficient.

Here is the effect and how it works:

A small diameter hose connects between the inlet manifold and the relief valve - changing pressure conditions (vacuum or pressure) will exceed the spring sealing pressure, and the valve will open or close accordingly.
A CBV or BOV relief valve is forced firmly closed under pressure conditions (turbo on boost ), until such time as a lower pressure condition occurs with throttle lift-off or between gear changes. An instant lower pressure condition or
* vacuum inside the inlet manifold will then pull the valve open, momentarily venting boost pressure to atmosphere BOV, or recycled CBV
* Vacuum (pressure less than atmospheric) is formed in the cylinder bore/s when a piston decends (on intake stroke). Vacuum transfers through the opening and closing inlet valves back into the inlet manifold, and rises when the throttle plate is fully closed.

I have read alot of folks disagreeing but there is no real argument of why the band wagon is packed

x2. Another good idea is to check out this link for future reference!
I can do better than that.... Here, grab a popcorn and sit back -------> http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

That is the intention of this thread. The stock BOV, I doubt it will last long, that is why I am replacing it. Or will the stok one's last up to stage II? Sorry tobe annoying gangBut a good solid pro's and con's should end all to this jazz.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

HAHAH! with the flash! I see some one plays CS. Got a clan?

Quick Reply: Blow off Valve....