Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth capable

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:22 AM
1st Gear
Default bluetooth capable

Our new 2006 A4 has built-in voice activation etc for cell phone use. The armrest has a module inside it for installing a cradle to insert the phone into. Does the equipment needed for installation require dealer/Audi parts or can they be sourced elsewhere?

Old 04-06-2006, 01:35 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: bluetooth capable

Audi parts. Do you have the technology package? You should be able to sync your bluetooth phone without any extra hardware.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:20 AM
1st Gear

I'm not sure if it was included in a package or not. It is a pretty well decked-out car, but not Bose. There is a platform type thing in the inside of the armrest which looks to me like a cradle would plug into it in order to connect the phone to the voice actuated dialer etc, which I would think would be phone model specific.

Sounds like I may need to talk to the dealer anyway....

Old 04-13-2006, 12:50 AM

I have the same setup in my 2006 A4. Just get a bluetooth capable phone and it will connect to your car whenever your phone is within 30 feet of your car. The armrest cradle is only if you purchase an Audi approved phone and cradle insert. The only advantage to the cradle setup is that your phone is charging while in the cradle.