Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Default Boost Gauges

I am trying to get a boost gauge, problem is I don't like the add on ones I have seen. Does anyone know anything about the Twindata Enhanced FIS Unit (EFU) for Audi with Trip Computer from techreactions.com? I am also looking at the O.CT boost gauge from stratmosphere.com, but I dont know if it will work on a 2001 A4 1.8TQ. Any help with either would be great. I want something that looks stock and clean. Your help is appreciated.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Boost Gauges

After taking a look at the install for the O.CT I don't think an A4 can use it. It looks like you need an S4 gauge cluster. Best bet though would be to give stratmosphere a call and ask them. Personally I think that is a huge waste of money. It seems like a pretty crappy gauge and it only reads boost, not vacuum. Have you looked at the VDO gauges? They are pretty stock looking. There is a tutorial on audiworld that shows how to install the VDO into your center console. $400 just for a boost gauge? Spend that bling elsewhere.

-T

Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 PM

I did call them. The product has now changed it no longer comes with both instrument gauges. Just the one that gets the LED's. Those guages are gray instead of black like the A4. That would look terrible. I am leaning heavily toward the Twindata unit. It does other things besides the boost. What do you think of that product?

Old 02-08-2005, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

I paid 20 bucks at pepboys for a simple boost guage and it works just as good as the high dollar ones

Old 02-08-2005, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

Well, even with the twindata..it seems like your wasting a huge chunk of change. That's a nifty little box but in the long run it doesn't justify a $400 price tag. It can be set up to tap into a bunch of different sensors on your car...but your climate control system can do the same thing. The twindata can also only display one sensor at a time. The only reason I can see getting something like that is so you can show off your $$...but it's not even gonna be noticable so again I have no idea why you'd wanna get that. Get a mechanical boost gauge as they are easy to setup and inexpensive. Spend the mulla on a chip or a VAG-Com, you'll get much more use out of them.

But for real..just get what you want. It's your car. Get what makes you happy

-T

Old 02-08-2005, 11:35 PM

Well honestly getting a guage that is not in the way of anything and looks stock is what I am shooting for. I am not sure why the did not include one with the car (stock). It would have made alot of sense.
Now I cant find something I like. The ones I saw on top the steering colunm looked the best but I would need the offset one. I am going to speed money on other stuff, just trying to start off right. You know?