Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOV or intake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Default BOV or intake?

Well i just bought a brand new audi a4 and i want some sound to go with it. my buddys who are into cars much more than i am say i should get a blowoff valve. im not trying to go for the rice rocket sound but a clean low sound that you would hear when i changed gears. should i do intake or a bov?

Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Default RE: BOV or intake?

Let the games begin. Run for the hills, dude. There seem to be few of us on this forum who believe it's OK to both run a BOV, or mod your car for the sake of a sound. If the thead doesn't get locked by the mods first, you're about to get flamed by others.
To mod it for performance and have the sound as a by-product isn't bad, but to do it for the sound itself, and have no performace gains is... well, posing. Which will get the word "ricer" thrown in. Defintion of "ricer" being "something someone else doesn't like", in this case.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

Flame On

Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 AM

dont waste ur money for sound thats gay i mean my car sounds good but i have performance parts and an intake is atleast somewhat a performance part buti havent wasted one cent on a lil noise maker or if u wanna do that just buy one of those electronic blow off valve speakers besides a stock a4 with a blow off valve wouldnt even be that loud my diverter valve is probly louder

Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear

do the airbox mod and get a dv, or a recirculated bov. same thing

Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: npapetti
but a clean low sound that you would hear when i changed gears.
That sounds like a intake. if you wantsome LOWsound, an intake will give you what you want.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Site Moderator

Lets think about something.. A BOV costs what? $150+? An intake from evoms or carbonio costs $250-$350-?? And th gains you get from both? Well, none from the bov, and maybe 1 or 2 hp from the intake, if that. Or... You could spend the same amount of money on a chip, get 50+ hp/tq and your turbo's gunna be a hell of a lot louder. I know its a tough decision, take your time with it. Do some research.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear

+2 for the chip. that's the first two things i got were dv and chip. just do the airbox mod to get a little more growl

Old 05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Site Moderator

These people that are in it mainly for the sound, I will never understand. If youre going to spend hundreds of dollars, wouldnt you rather spend it on something that actually adds power AND sound? I was very pleased when i had first got chipped. More psi obviously = more/louder sound. Even if you cant afford to spend $500 on a new chip, they are in the classifieds all the freakin time for $200-$300. Or you could investigate the diode mod, but i have no personal experience with it to recomend it.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Or you could investigate the diode mod, but i have no personal experience with it to recomend it.
I do and i do. just finished

Quick Reply: BOV or intake?