Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For California drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:54 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default For California drivers

Some penalties to know about if caught:
more infos here

For those who love cars, customizing and racing are a way of life. Some dedicated performance enthusiasts, however, are putting their cars, their buddies and their lives on the line by street racing.

Street racing is illegal. The CHP won't hesitate to take street racers to court.

A first conviction on a street racing violation means:

Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days.
Vehicle probably impounded for at least 30 days.
Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more).
If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale.
Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence.
Instead, take your car to a National Hot Rod Association-sanctioned track or drag strip, where you can race safely under optimum conditions.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: For California drivers

.....Jason, take it down. [&o]

Old 10-01-2006, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: evoic

.....Jason, take it down. [&o]
Psssst....please. LOL

Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: socaljoe

Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence.
That means if you're just spectating, you'll be penalized too. To be honest, I was a little uncomfortable at the last GTG just before the karting. []

Old 10-02-2006, 12:27 AM
2nd Gear

someone died on la paz last week. street racing in a bimmer, two girls in the car. one's in critical condition and may not survive, the other should be fine.
stupid stuff.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

The smog one is quite amusing to me, b/c i believe i saw a "random" smog check down the street from my house.

I was going for a run, and on the main strip (for anyone in the San Diego area, Genesse is the road in question), I saw what appeared to be a dyno setup on the side of the road w/ an old IROC strapped up to it. But, there were cops there, helping direct traffic (one lane was closed off b/c of it). At first, i couldn't figure out why the cops would allow traffic to be obstructed on a main street. Then when running past it again, on my way home, i see a white van (also older, prolly mid 90's, getting flagged into the stop. My best guess is that it was a random smog check for cars to make sure they were in complience? It was pretty strange. Never seen anything like that before.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:17 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: lbraasch

The smog one is quite amusing to me, b/c i believe i saw a "random" smog check down the street from my house.

I was going for a run, and on the main strip (for anyone in the San Diego area, Genesse is the road in question), I saw what appeared to be a dyno setup on the side of the road w/ an old IROC strapped up to it. But, there were cops there, helping direct traffic (one lane was closed off b/c of it). At first, i couldn't figure out why the cops would allow traffic to be obstructed on a main street. Then when running past it again, on my way home, i see a white van (also older, prolly mid 90's, getting flagged into the stop. My best guess is that it was a random smog check for cars to make sure they were in complience? It was pretty strange. Never seen anything like that before.
WTF I saw that and i was wondering wtf that was hahahahaha.... random smog checks give me a fvckin break, Cali is getting just plain ridiclious... I suggest everybody should get a Valentine 1

Old 10-02-2006, 04:56 AM
1st Gear

As for headlight bulbs... Being brighter than stock is illegal...
Then why does auto stores sell them.[:'(]