Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers side rear light flickering when i sit down in drivers seat.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
5ln
1st Gear
Default drivers side rear light flickering when i sit down in drivers seat.

At first I thought it was my door latch, but now i'm noticing if I sit down and put the lumbar support all the way forward.. it wont flicker as bad. The problem is that exactly. I can't keep my interior lights on the "door open on" setting.. I'm getting the door ajar icon in my display as well. I sit down in the seat and move the lumbar support all the way back toward the rear of my car and the door ajar light is steady. I move it toward the front of my car and it will only come on when im turning or if I get up. Is there a wire crossed? I know that the floor light is actually on the rear of the drivers seat.. There's gotta be something I can do as this is super annoying. Where do I start on troubleshooting? What can I do? I would really appreciate some responses even if you have no idea.. Id like to see you say it so Ill know what size of problem I have. Thanks. 2ooo A6 2.7T 6 Speed.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Which door does it show open on the display? I have heard several on this forum talk about the wire for the back under seat light wearing and shorting out. I would take a close look at the wires under your front seat and see if any of them are strained or broken.

Also make sure you dont have any water getting into the central locking module which is under the carpet on the drivers side front floor. Thats what ended up being the cause of my interior light/door ajar problems.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
3rd Gear

Had the same basic issue, I just unplugged the ?black? connector to disable the rear drivers floor light.

I believe there are two black connectors, one is for the light and the rest are as follows:

Yellow=airbag
Green=heat
Red=power
Brown=memory
Black=seat belt pre tensioner

Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
5ln
1st Gear

Originally Posted by padog
Which door does it show open on the display? I have heard several on this forum talk about the wire for the back under seat light wearing and shorting out. I would take a close look at the wires under your front seat and see if any of them are strained or broken.

Also make sure you dont have any water getting into the central locking module which is under the carpet on the drivers side front floor. Thats what ended up being the cause of my interior light/door ajar problems.
it shows the drivers rear door ajar.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:05 PM
5ln
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeffla
Had the same basic issue, I just unplugged the ?black? connector to disable the rear drivers floor light.

I believe there are two black connectors, one is for the light and the rest are as follows:

Yellow=airbag
Green=heat
Red=power
Brown=memory
Black=seat belt pre tensioner
are these the wires under the drivers seat? where are the ones youre talking about located?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
3rd Gear

Opps, probably would help if I said where the wires were. Yes they are under the drivers seat. Put the seat as far up as it will go and they are basically the first things you will see. Be careful as to which plugs you disconnect.