Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling A4 owners...need knowledgable opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 05:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Calling A4 owners...need knowledgable opinions

Okay, my car is currently in a bodyshop ready to get started on Monday. It is a B6 A4 Dark Blue stock. It is in there to:
get rid of dent in front left fender (unfortunate accident)[sm=gears.gif]
new side view mirrors (both broken from two different instances)
scratches and dings (from idiots not knowing how to park)[sm=alcoholic.gif]
whatever they do to rims when they are scratched up
and install rear trunk lip.

Now here is my dilema--> my car is in the shop, and even though I never thought I wanted to do anything to the car atleast for a while, I have the opportunity to change certain things now (it is a B*t*h to be w/o your car for about 2 weeks--dont want to do again)...problem ofcourse is my pockets... [sm=boohoo.gif]
In an ideal position, I would like
1) to have a nice front bumper such as the ultra sport or something not to flashy, but as for the ultrasport Panda pointed out, I can only get it from the dealer and they want upwards of $1000- (too expensive for me)
2) dual or quad exhaust
3)whether a kit or not, to have my ride in one color, not that ugly color they have on the bottom pieces
4) some 18" black rims w/ chrome lip (possibly even staggered)
5) Stratmosphere cold air intake ( i have heard it is the best for the B6 A4 3.0)--let me know if you have heard differently?

Give me your opinions... (and if you have any other creative choices, please add)

NOTE: All the choices assume that I am atleast doing what I took the car in for...
1) and nothing else (instead buy rims and maybe save up for exhaust and intake)
2) and have them matchpaint my lowers (and forget about a kit)
3) and purchase nice front piece (like sportec) w/o sides or rear

[sm=thanx.gif] in advance, I just thought (obviuosly) who better than to ask this very important question to than people who have seen, speak about, and may have done themselves such modifications and similar choices...because as I understand it, the owners who don't have money dilemmas when it comes to their rides are on audizine..., but I know there are more important things than cars, like health and family--so no bashing--I just read the strobing lights post---poor apg

Old 07-15-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Calling A4 owners...need knowledgable opinions

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 07-15-2006, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

I wouldn't put black rims on a dark blue Audi...[:'(]. That's just my opinion though.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:05 AM

I didn't think I would have liked it either, but I've seen some that look good and some that look bad with the black on blue. Go for it if that's your thing.