Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can one tell me the oil specification

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Can one tell me the oil specification

Audi A4 Saloon Diesel 2Lit 143 bought new, had it's service as suggested in the dash-board information on the 29/9/2011.

Service Schedule in Record
under "Audi LongLife Service
the first square ticked for oil change & Inspection.

Under "Audi Inspection Service
second box ticked for Oil change & Inspection.

Under "Additional Work
second boxes are ticked for Brale Fluid, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Fuel Filter, Haldex: oil, Multitronic oil, S tronic oil and filter and Toothed belt but the first box ticked for Dust and pollen filter element.

1. Does it mean the first box is for yes and the second box is for No?
What kind of service I should do? Audi LongLife Service or Audi Inspection Service?

2.First two years I did not require to top up the engine oil;.However today driving along on a motorway at stedy speed of 70 to 80 mph suddenly dash-board chimes and informs put oil maximum 1L but can continue to drive!

I put in the engine oil came with the car when purchased new: Castrol SLX Professional Powerdlow LongLife III 5W-30.

Is it usual for this to happen just after a year of Audi service? Miles done at the time of service request was 16839 miles Present Miles on the clock 30200 miles.

There is another thread here [Audi A4 from Australia] & few others discussing about oil problem. Is there any known issues with oil & Audi A4?

What is the replacement oil I should keep in my boot for future eventualities?
I am very apprehensive because my friend new BMW had to have a new engine after he'd put in wrong oil!!.

Would you be kind enough to advice?

Regards

Last edited by truthfinder; 11-07-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

Appologies for the bump.

Any suggestion about my questions?

Regards