Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can the stealership get in trouble for this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:48 PM
3rd Gear
Default can the stealership get in trouble for this?

So i have a 98 1.8. Way out of warrenty and last few months i just started to have problems with her. CEL came on. Long story short, i like to do the work myself cause im not paying $300 to have audi change my spark plug coils! haha

So they checked it and said breather hoses... i bought hoses there and replaced myself. same problem.

Then they said spark plug coils- bought them there, fixed myself. Same problem

THen they said cam shaft oil leak- paid 600 to have them fix it, same problem.

Then they said my apr chip is fried!- bought a new ecu- same problem.

Then they said MAF. I bought a new one, swapped out. same problem.

CAN I SUE THE DEALERSHIP FOR THIS CRAP?????

Old 07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: can the stealership get in trouble for this?

I suppose because you took this issue to them and they told you everything else that may have been the problem, and tuns out not to be. It would not exactly be an open-shut case, but you could definitely find a really cold-blooded lawyer to fight it and prove that the dealership only wanted to profit off your ignorance -- no pon intended.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

Arent all lawyers cold blooded??? Im just so pissed off. Yeah the hoses needed to be changed and the seal, but i wasted 600 bucks on peices i didnt need. Wonder how much i saved in labor??? I bet over 1500!

Old 07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

you should be able to do something....go back to them and ask to speak to the service dept manager, "I'm filing a lawsuit against you guys for (list of reasons ie all the shyt they made you buy) and need know who to contact. Also, im not sure what dealer it is, so go to www.bbb.org ...its the better business bureau...see if they are registered on there...if they are then bring that up when you speak to the manager...also file a complaint on there...hope this helps...keep us updated

Old 07-18-2006, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear

I will do. It is the Audi Connection in cincy ohio! They have always just sucked everytime i go there. The service advisor is the only reason i come back cause he is nice as hell. always gives me a free rental but the techs just suck!

I will file on the BBB!

Old 07-18-2006, 04:14 PM
3rd Gear

Just filed a complaint with the BBB. Hopefully it gets resolved!

Old 07-18-2006, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

On the bright side you have new parts that go out anyway!

Old 07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Site Moderator

If you give us the code that is triggering the cel we might be able to help.
I wouldnt just walk up to them and tell them "IM SUEING!" Speak with a service manager and politely/sternly tell them you are talking with a lawyer about taking legal action about blah blah blah... and tell them that youd like to give them a chance to keep the car for a week and get to the bottom of the problem at no cost to you before you pull the legal action trigger. If you do take legal action, doing this can only help you out in that process. Make sure you make a presentation with all the service records/quotes they have given you regarding the matter. If the service manager cares about his job and the reputation of his shop, he should be willing to help you out on it. Explain that to him as well.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:57 PM

one thing they didn't do is give you the fault codes to back up their repair claims so they were guessing, no salt of the earth mechanic would do that without good reason, out of warranty or not they deceived you and repaired items that were ok, you have a good chance

Old 07-18-2006, 08:48 PM
3rd Gear

yeah. its always the same codes that pop up and they have just given me the runaround. I have been there 5 times in the last 30 days trying to get the problem resolved. everytime i fix what they say, i reset the codes and they keep coming back. So now im just pissed. I have another appointment on friday and will talk to the service manager. The advisor knows im pissed and im surprised a manager hasnt called me back yet. I will let you know what happens.

So anybody want a perfectly good ecu??? hahahahaaha

Quick Reply: can the stealership get in trouble for this?