Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find a Tip Chip for my 2003 A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Can't find a Tip Chip for my 2003 A4

I've looked on the GIAC site and it seems that they do not offer a tip chip for my model. I hate the way the tranny shifts. Anyone have any ideas? Are there any other companies that offer a similar product?

Thanks in advance,
Chas

Old 10-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Can't find a Tip Chip for my 2003 A4

www.awetuning.com

Call them and ask about it. I know they dont list it for your car, but Im pretty sure customjobs have been done before for B6's for a tip chip.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

Tip chips were only for the B5. you won't find one for a B6 or B7 since they are said optimized at the factory now. you might be able to find a custom one. EDIT: just like onepoint8t just said.

you can modify the way the tip functions using vag-com. i found that mine was already changed to the preferred of the two which is not the default setting so i can only assume that the APR +1 flash modified it.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Site Moderator

Im not sure if all B6's have sport mode, but I always enjoy using that in cars at work.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

APR has a chip for your A4...it is about 500 bucks...and the stock shift time for you TIP is about a second....and with the APR chipped program brings it down to a lag time of two tenths of a second...so yes...there is a chip...alot of B6ers will tell you that its Either GIAC or APR.... and APR ussually wins the battle for the TIP A4 B6. I have a 1.8tq B6 and got the 6 hour test drive for free...you can try out the product, which is a good thing...i loved it, but due to getting married at the time and now needing to buy rims cause the owner of my car before me bent one of the stock rims. I haven't been able to afford it. But i would have to say that it was a very nice difference...and I would recomend the product. shifts are 100% tighter..and thats what most tip drivers want...due to the stock lag in between shifts..

let us know what you do!!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:10 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: widgget

Tip chips were only for the B5. you won't find one for a B6 or B7 since they are said optimized at the factory now. you might be able to find a custom one. EDIT: just like onepoint8t just said.

you can modify the way the tip functions using vag-com. i found that mine was already changed to the preferred of the two which is not the default setting so i can only assume that the APR +1 flash modified it.
how do you change the shifting behavior through Vag-com. do you know of a write up? I've looked into Giac since that is the flash tune I bought and I am really happy with their tune. It seems to be more aggressive than a couple of my friends that have revo and apr. If Giac would make a tip chip I would definatly buy from them but I don't know how I feel about mixing Giac with Apr. Not a real big fan of Apr imho.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Last year i was going to go GIAC because i wanted the tip chip along with the engine flash, but when i called two GIAC dealers they both told me there was no tip chip for 2001+. APR said the exact same thing, nothing for the B6 or B7 since they were already pretty quick shifts. i liked the APR guys much better so i went with them in the end. maybe it is a new product since last September when i got my car chipped, but i can't imagine that they would decide 5 years after the release of model that they should now make a tip chip for it. If they do indeed make one i woudl be intrested in knoing more about it. Quickquttro, are you sure it wasn't the stage 1 that you tested? that is $500 without any of the options/installation.

Edit: I just went through APRs site and didn't see any mention of it for the B6 A4 1.8T.

EVOLA4, here is a thread on it:
https://www.audiforums.com/m_645111/tm.htm

Old 10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: QuickQuattro

APR has a chip for your A4...it is about 500 bucks...and the stock shift time for you TIP is about a second....and with the APR chipped program brings it down to a lag time of two tenths of a second...so yes...there is a chip...alot of B6ers will tell you that its Either GIAC or APR.... and APR ussually wins the battle for the TIP A4 B6. I have a 1.8tq B6 and got the 6 hour test drive for free...you can try out the product, which is a good thing...i loved it, but due to getting married at the time and now needing to buy rims cause the owner of my car before me bent one of the stock rims. I haven't been able to afford it. But i would have to say that it was a very nice difference...and I would recomend the product. shifts are 100% tighter..and thats what most tip drivers want...due to the stock lag in between shifts..

let us know what you do!!
Hes talking about a transmission chip, not an engine chip. Engine chips have nothing to do with the tranny shift times/patters/behavior. APR never wins, and neither does GIAC, they are all about the same. APR does NOT offer a tip chip. There is no possible way your shifts became any tighter with an APR engine chip. I M P O S S I B L E.