Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing brake fluids?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Changing brake fluids?

I ordered the Bentley manual and I just haven't pick it up yet. Can someone tell me the difficulty of performing this work? What tools will I need and what fluids should I get?

Old 09-20-2004, 04:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Changing brake fluids?

I just changed my brake fluid a few days ago - very easy. I did a search of this forum and other automotive forums and found lots of info on the subject. I don't have time right now to search again and repost it for you but you basically just open each caliper's brake fluid fitting one at a time starting with the most distant one from the master cylinder and pump the brake pedal. When the master cylinder reservoir gets low then add more brake fluid. Stop when the new cleaner fluid flows out of the caliper fitting.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Changing brake fluids?

Sorry, I should have read your post more thoroughly. The tools you'll need are a turkey baster (to initially remove as much old fluid as possible from your master cylinder reservoir) and a section of clear tubing to attach to the caliper fitting (just ask at autozone - they'll know what size.) Hope this helps.