Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light (got code) need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Check Engine Light (got code) need help!

Ok... well i was going to replace the air filter anyway, so when i do i'll check the pipes from the air box to the intake manifold. I realize what i'm about to say may sound noobish, but if you can please just set me straight. The code i got is telling me that the fuel/air mixture is off... now is it telling me that its got too much fuel or too much air? (or is it not specific) I'm probably just going to end up taking it into the shop if its not an easy fix... But if you guys have any ideas it would be appreciated... beyond plugging the air pipes and listening for a leak (which i'm not quite ready to try) ... thanks though.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:20 AM
4th Gear

Check all the little vacuum hoses.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
3rd Gear

i am having the same problem so i should be able to help you out here. I have had multiple probs now where the car is hard to start and now it has no acceleration. I got the same codes. audi said breather hoses. they usually go bad after 100k. right under intake manifold. check those out. I fixed those and had same code. i replaced fuel filter and after 150k on the original, surprisingly it was fine. as long as you use good gas, they last a while. replace anyway though. we have now tracked it to the mass air meter! i am ordering one this week and replacing so i will keep you informed.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the post myaudi98.

I drove it for a little today and I'm fairly sure there's a loss of power... though its hard to tell with the transmition being the way it is.. its shifting hard and some very odd play on the tach when shifting into some gears... like the clutch doesn't catch right away. i really need to get a fluid change done.
But anyway, if i have a chance tomorrow i'll check the smaller hoses closer to see if i can find the leak.