Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleared corners...need bulbs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Default Cleared corners...need bulbs.

I just cleared my corners...and after about 2 hours of work they look pretty good. Yeah, 2 hours. I could not get the bottom tab on the insert off on one side...and it took me FOREVER to chip away at it. Couple of scratches here and there but nothing visible even up close. Now...my question is: Where can I get some clear bulbs, as I do not feel like painting my amber lights? Sounds like a nood question but whatev. TIA

Old 10-25-2005, 02:16 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Cleared corners...need bulbs.

i recommend NOT putting clear bulbs in there. it would look ricey and be pretty unsafe too. it's also a great way to get pulled over. that's also your turn signal bulb. it's not very safe to have a turn signal that blinks white. painting your amber bulbs silver means they will still light up amber, so it looks semi-legal. it's very easy to do.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 AM

I've never heard of clear signal bulbs as ricey. My brothers BMW, my dads 911 Turbo, and many other classy/sporty German cars have clear bulbs and it looks hot. Where can I find the paint if I end up doing that?

Old 10-25-2005, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: miked

I've never heard of clear signal bulbs as ricey. My brothers BMW, my dads 911 Turbo, and many other classy/sporty German cars have clear bulbs and it looks hot. Where can I find the paint if I end up doing that?

Good point mike.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:09 AM
1st Gear

I wouldn't think that clear bulbs look ricey, but it's almost a question of legality. 1. Gives cops a reason to pull you over 2. If those clear bulbs ever caused an accident, i.e. someone couldn't quite see that you were signalling to turn or something of that nature, your insurance would not stand behind you and you'd be up creek without a padde. Well it's not like insurance fully covers anyway, but you get the point

Old 10-25-2005, 06:12 AM
3rd Gear

there are many companies that sell bulbs that are silver but light up amber. sylvania sells bulbs called silverstar. those will look good

Old 10-25-2005, 02:28 PM
3rd Gear

This is what my car look like, it blinks amber though....

I use this;

Old 10-25-2005, 02:49 PM
1st Gear

it really depends on which bulbs he's referring to. those HYPER white bulbs dat are double filament (like ours) look ugly in my opinion when they are on steadily but look hot when they are blinking.. ima just keep the amber look. i was thinking about gettin the PIAA bulbs, any 1 used them?

Old 10-25-2005, 03:13 PM
5th Gear

the paint is just duplicolor high temp silver. you can find a can of it at any hardware/autoparts store for 4-5 bucks.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:17 PM
6th Gear

I think what he is asking is for clear looking bulbs that blink orange correct??

Check this out..

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/922011.phtml

http://osram.com/products/automotive...de/diadem.html

When I bought my B5 ecodes from ecstuning they provided me with clear bulbs that blink orange. So you might want to give them a call. Philips also sells a turn signal bulb I think called "silver Vision"

Quick Reply: Cleared corners...need bulbs.