Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of Qs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear
Default A couple of Qs

Hello all,
I've actually had an Audi for years, but I'm new to this forum.

I just recently obtained an 2003 Audi A4 1.8TQ (manual)- I chipped it with the APR Stage1+ setup (which has really made a difference) and have a couple of questions:

1)I would like to find some interior modifications for the black interior. Have any of you had any experience with the 3M product related carbon fiber applications to the interior? Are these worth it?
2) I've noticed that many of you like the Borla exhaust. Any experience with the APR exhaust? Does the Borla have performance advantages? I don't want to increase noise factor, just looking for performance and a deeper subtle sound.

Please excuse my n00bness...first post.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: A couple of Qs

if thats the kind of exhaust you are looking for then i would suggest apr or milltek

and i would imagine the cf stuff is crappy

Old 04-09-2007, 12:55 AM

I have yet to see/hear anyone with a Borla exhaust on a B6 1.8t. I'm not sure even if Borla makes one for the B6 1.8t. Exhausts are a very touchy subject because sound is a very opinionated thing, and a large part of what people expect out of their exhaust.
In terms of loudness, Milltek is most like stock. So much so that many don't like it because it isn't "loud" enough. But it does have a nice deep tone to it. Thermal Race is is probably loudest. Thermal Street and AWE are below that. Neuspeed is next. APR is a great exhaust. Has nice open diameter downpipe and good tone. Deep, yet not so loud that it is annoying.
I have Neuspeed and love it. Purrs deep at idle and roars at WOT. Very raspy on downshifts. But again, this is personal opinion and if my car was a daily commuter, then I'd get APR because it is not as loud.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the quick replies!

I have been concerned with the interior CF applications since they may just cheaper the interior rather than make it look better. The car isa daily driver so I would prefer stock or somewhat louder stock, but not much more than that. I already have my loud vehicle - 72 Plymouth Road Runner.

BTW fahquad - I really likeyour rims. Are those RS4s?

Old 04-09-2007, 01:18 AM

First off, thanks on the rim compliment. They are B7 RS4 replicas. 19". Lots of places sell them through the other audi forums out on the web.
As for exhausts, Milltek is probably most mellow but the downpipe may be too small to see great gains or have the ability to go to large turbos later. APR is best bet for quiet tone and performance gains. Although "quiet" is relative. Some people's quiet is other's loud as heck.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:41 AM

I wouldn't add any fake carbon fiber to the interior, I think that looks tacky.