Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy Sh!t happened to me while driving!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Crazy **** happened to me while driving!!!

i was driving home tonight in traffic on a busy (rush hour) highway in orange county and my fockign brakes went out!!! absolutly nothing, the pedal went all the way to the floor and i didn't even feel the car slowing down at all!!! It was completely sudden, no warning or progression...working fine one second then nothing. I had to use the E-brake for braking and the pulled into a gas station to see what was wrong, and I found leaking coming from under the ABS module...but there was no leaking from the six lines that go into the top. The leaking was comming from underneath the unit, a lot of fluid, i called my friend who's an Audi tech and he said it sounded like the ABS pump but not the control module. anybody have experiance with this kind of problem? another thing is no warning light came on or anything!! WTF

anyway, got it towed and now it's in the drive way...sitting

Old 12-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Crazy **** happened to me while driving!!!

Holy crap! Glad you are ok. Could had been A LOT worse. Thats very discouraging that no warning lights came on. Let us know when you pinpoint the problem.. That sucks man.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:24 AM
1st Gear

yeah dude...i was about to get on the freeway, at first i didn't believe it, i thought it might just be me triping out cause i was tired or pushing the pedal with the side of my foot...tried it again and NOTHING. Adrenaline started rushing, like all the blood runs to your feet and i grabed the E-brake... but i couldn't stop completely since i was in heavy traffic but we were moving, bumber to bumber but going like 50...so if i pulled the e-brake it would have been a pile up. so i was changing lanes, shifting, and e-braking all the way over from the far left lane to the far right lane. i tried to take pictures with my phone but it was too dark, so i'll take pictures in the morning and post them. has this ever happened to anybody else? i am for sure that the leak is comming from the bottom part of the ABS, are there any lines under there or something? And why the hell didn't any warning light come on?!?!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Site Moderator

Im not familiar with what the bottom of the ABS module looks like. I would call Audi of America and tell them what happened and see what they have to say. I know there arent any recalls or TSB's about this, but they ought to know about whats going on with their cars.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:52 AM
1st Gear

yeah...maybe they'll help me out or something, i mean i could have gotten really messed up! by chance do you have the number?

Old 12-07-2006, 04:57 AM
Site Moderator

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/C...ontact_Us.html

Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 AM
1st Gear

thanks man...i'm going to call tomorrow morning and see if i can get them to do something about it, the only thing that really bothers me is the fact that there was no warning af any kind, and of course that THE BRAKES COMPLETELY FAILED!!

craziness....i'll post what they say.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

I called them but they said I have to bring it in to a dealership. I'll find out more later today and put some pictures

However I do that the Hydrolic part of the ABS failed, so is it true that i have to buy the entire abs unit to replace the hydrolic part ($1200)?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
2nd Gear

you could do it yourself its not that bad to do and will save you a one. But find out why it blew out the bottom though if I rember right there is a black plug underneath

Old 12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Zombie Defense Force

take it to audi. i would not do anything to it. becuase this way all the blame is on audi and cant be your fault. if you mess with it audi will be a bitch and claim you caused it somehow

Quick Reply: Crazy Sh!t happened to me while driving!!!