Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control / climate control help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Default Cruise control / climate control help!!

Hi all,

I'm driving a 01 A4 2.5TDI Quattro and have two problems - I've checked the fuses but no joy there. A couple ofmonths back the cruise control stopped working - one day it worked, next day it didn't. I've read a few bits about it possibly being the clutch pedal switch and also that the actual switch/stalk/lever can be faulty. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

As for the climate control it just seems to have a mind of its own. I usually have it set around65 degrees or so and when it was working propoperly left it on 'auto' unless it was very hot or cold. Now if the outside temp is25 and its on auto it either doesnt try to raise the temp at all or blows cold air. When the car is heated after a few miles it can belike a sauna at 18 degrees. Again I read something about the unit itself or an outside sensor. Any help would be great. Cheers!!

Old 01-10-2007, 12:44 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Cruise control / climate control help!!

Is there a question here? sounds like you already know all the posible problems. [sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM

The prob is that I've no real idea what to do - dunno whether switch needs replacing or where or what the sensor is. If anyone has any ideas or similar experience your wisdom would be much appreciated!

Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM
3rd Gear

Ok - Well I don't where you are but around here the local techs will "look" at it for free - might charge you a couple bucks to take somthing apart and look at it - any way its cheaper to pay a guy $50 to tell you what the problems are for sure than spends $100's replacing parts that "might" be bad.

My cruise didn't work when I got my car, they replaced the stalk and now it works fine. Its a problem with the connections in the stalk going out.

Good luck - welcome to the forum

Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Cheers man. Just one other question. Ive read that the first thing that should be done is spraying the stalk with Tv tube contact spray or something. Does anyone know what the product is and do you try to spray in by the base of the stalk into the steering column??

Many thanks from Ireland

Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 PM
3rd Gear

Damn- and I told myself that I would never help the Irish

The spray would have to be something with a very high alcohol content - (incert Irish joke here)