Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dammit man! Just got in a fender bender

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:40 AM
1st Gear
Default Dammit man! Just got in a fender bender

I'm pissed. So me and a couple buddies were heading to a friends house in my car and preparing to make a right turn, by slowing down, etc. Well in the lane to my left i see a black car starting to swerve into my lane, so i slam on the brakes and BAM! Well i cracked my front bumper, and put a few nice scuffs(wasnt too bad). But needless to say, i am pissed. The car that hit me was a blacked out nissan maxima with spinners, the windows were tinted so dark i dont think she saw me since it was 11 at night. All i did to her car was a little scuff. Well since i am sixteen (turning seventeen in 2 weeks) here in cali u are not supposed to drive with anyone until you have had your lisence for a year. So i had to let it go when she threatened to call the cops because her story was different from ours, she was trying to say i came into her lane and hit her. I would have been fucked anyways cuz i was the one that hit her. Well just thought i would share my shitty night with all u guys. So i think i will sell both my mountain bike and bmx bike on ebay and try to get the money for a new bumper.

Old 06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Default RE: Dammit man! Just got in a fender bender

Her offense was much worse than you driving with people in your car. You have witnesses, she doesnt. Dunno about in cali, but here in WA she woulda been accountable not you. I think she intimidated you into letting her off the hook, i would've called the cops anyway just to get a accident report for insurance purposes either way. Tell the story as it happened and see how it goes from there. What do you get a warning for having kids in the car?

Old 06-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Site Moderator

He'd probably end up losing his license until he's 18 if the cops found out.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:54 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah it would get suspended for a year right?... If she wasn't at fault she would have totally forced the police report. And from how you describe it, the cop would have stuck it to her regardless of how she claimed it happened. I would have gone with the police report anyway, so you drove around with people in your car... you broke the law you deserved to get caught. Don't mess up your car and lose probably a thousand dollars worth of repairs because you are to proud to lose your license. I mean seriously, when I break the law, I know there is the oportunity to get caught. So if it was instead that you were speeding and a cop caught you, would you have tried to run so he did not catch you with your buds in the car? I really think some tiny little license suspension is the better way to go.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:27 PM

i was in my friends a4 after he just got it and he was still in his 6 month no friend in the car period (in CT only 6 months) and he smashed into this person when he wsa turning into a parking lot... the police came out (not to mention we had two 30 racks in the trunk that i had to take out and ditch) before the police came out from the police station that was like 100 feet away from the accident... anyways but the cop didnt give him anything for having me in the car (1st offence is a warning)

Old 06-17-2006, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

i was in my friends a4 after he just got it and he was still in his 6 month no friend in the car period (in CT only 6 months) and he smashed into this person when he wsa turning into a parking lot... the police came out (not to mention we had two 30 racks in the trunk that i had to take out and ditch) before the police came out from the police station that was like 100 feet away from the accident... anyways but the cop didnt give him anything for having me in the car (1st offence is a warning)
Yeah i didnt think it was a years suspension for first offense, that sucks! Same rules here in WA, 6 months, 1st offense warning etc, 2nd offense fine + 6 month clock restarts, and 3rd time its suspension for 6 months or a year.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear

not only do you get ur license revoked - it stays on ur record

sad to say u got off better off

however i woulda pissed on her car or slapped her before i left

Old 06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
4th Gear

that sux man sorry to hear

Old 06-17-2006, 05:22 PM
2nd Gear

you shoulda bent her spinners

Old 06-17-2006, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

Yeah Well, one of my friends that was there told me that his girl got in a wreck she had ppl in the car and when the cop came he just wrote her a ticket and didn't even say anything about the wreck. So i think it was best i let it go because it wouldn't have been a warning it would have been a ticket or worse. one of my friends that was there works at an auto body shop so i am just going to buy a new bumper and he will install it for free. And i already have some scratches and dents in my hood so i need to get a new hood and get the car painted anyway, but i have hook-ups for that 2.

Quick Reply: Dammit man! Just got in a fender bender