Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Diagnosis - Sludge... VENT

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default Dealer Diagnosis - Sludge... VENT

So, as per my other post - had the red oil light come on, and blink off like 3 times in 3 weeks never for more than a min or two before I turned it off.

Bad News: Lots of sludge - 7-8 hours of labor + new oil pump.

Good News: No scoring of any internals or bearings.

They haven't dropped the oil pan yet, but he said it'll be $1500 CAD (~$1250 USD) for the whole job - from the dealership warrantied so I went with it. Honestly I don't want it towed anywhere - they will do the flush of the engine and guarantee the work whole thing. I am getting that all in writing before I leave the dealership.

Problem: They are giving me a bitch of a time about it going under the sludge extended warranty from Audi. They are pretty well giving me the run around like "The previous owner missed the recommended audi oil change by 2,000KM" and some other BS. All the oil changes were done within a few thousand KM of the recommended and all done at audi dealerships - I have the book and the stamps to prove it.

So... if anyone has gotten the same run around, please tell me about it. I saw the letter on AW that people were sent about the extended warranty. If anyone knows of a post with the DETAILS of the extended warranty please post it below. I am going to be calling Audi tomorrow and if all else fails talk to a lawyer (friend of the family) to find out exactly what I can do because I think this is bullshit. I met the criteria - all oil changes done at audi dealerships. Or, if anyone else has sought legal advice please let me know about it.

Thanks guys. I will keep everyone informed on what happens.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Dealer Diagnosis - Sludge... VENT

bummer