Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diesel in Oil to clean it out!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:51 PM
4th Gear
Default Diesel in Oil to clean it out!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

Ok, so one of my friends needed to change is oil in his 1.8T A4 yesterday. He hasn't changed it for a while so he was worried about a little engine sludge so one of my other friends grandpa told him to put $1 of diesel in his oil on his way home to change it. So he did. He put it in and drove about 5 miles before changing it out. (Oh and the stairs he got at the gas station opening up his hood and pumping diesel into the oil in his engine bay. HAHAHA LOL)

Anyways it made a HUGE difference! There was a TON of crap that came out of that engine. He then filled it back up with fresh mobile 1 0w40 and a BIG Mobile 1 oil filter. It runs SO much better now. I think I am going to do that to mine when that time comes. (About 500-600 miles probably.) Just thought I would share that and see if anyone else has heard of it.

Josh

Old 04-28-2007, 03:56 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Diesel in Oil to clean it out!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

I have heard of that but never personally tried it. I thought that you are supposed to fill with oil, run it for a few hundred miles, then change again to get all the diesel out.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
4th Gear

No he said you mix the diesel in with the oil and it loosens everything up inside then when you drain the oil the diesel comes with it. And you are talking a small amount of diesel. So after re-filling with fresh oil the oil to diesel ration would be practicly nothing.

Josh

Old 04-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm make believe

If you bring water in the intake it takes a few oil changes to get all the water out. I would guess it would be the same with this. I would do it like you did, deselfor a few miles, and then then drain the oil, refill with cheap oil, run it for another 100 miles and do do a full normal oil change.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 PM
4th Gear

What would happen if you left a small amount of diesel in there?

Josh

Old 04-28-2007, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

Make it thin out.

I read this long DIY a while ago about what you just explained and im 99.9% sure they flushed after.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:08 PM
4th Gear

Hmm... My friend won't be to happy about that considering he doesn't have a job right now to pay for more oil. LOL His car not mine but I will tell him about that.

Josh

Old 04-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy
(Oh and the stairs he got at the gas station opening up his hood and pumping diesel into the oil in his engine bay. HAHAHA LOL)
Ya, Id have a good laugh if I saw someone doing that. Never heard of it though. How exaclty does "it run so much better"???

Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 PM
4th Gear

IDK. I havn't driven it since he did that. But it would suprise me. He has been on a tight budget lately and went a good 7-8K miles or more w/out changing the oil. He was also running 10w30 and now is running the 0w40. IDK if you can really feel it but it wouldn't suprise me in this case. And it all could be a mental thing.

Josh

Old 04-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Site Moderator

I used 10W30 when i first got my car, accidently, and when i switch to 5w40 i isntantly noticed a difference in the sound of the valve train.

Quick Reply: Diesel in Oil to clean it out!!!! IT WORKS!!!!