Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diverter valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Default diverter valve

how can i get a diverter valve to sound like a blow off valve. i found a diverter valve that also is part blow off valve and releases part of the air out into the environment. is that safe for the motor or am i wasting money for one?

Old 04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: diverter valve

Upgrade ecu and get an intake

Old 04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm make believe

there are many that run gfb, turbosmart, or the new forge hybrid valves. they work great and you wont have any problems.

And yes its safe on your motor.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Site Moderator

Instead of the usual BOV bashing, and to humor cincyTT since he seems to know what hes talking about most of the time...... I say stop the BOV bashing, lets encourage it, and see what happens. Of course feelings of resentment will be natural, but it is their own car, and if we can see how it works out for them (mechanicaly) I think that would be good just for the crucial record. Of course we would need to see some vag charts to know all things true.
Hey cincy- you got an A/F trimvag chart that can verify that you have no running rich issues?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Instead of the usual BOV bashing, and to humor cincyTT since he seems to know what hes talking about most of the time...... I say stop the BOV bashing, lets encourage it, and see what happens. Of course feelings of resentment will be natural, but it is their own car, and if we can see how it works out for them (mechanicaly) I think that would be good just for the crucial record. Of course we would need to see some vag charts to know all things true.
Hey cincy- you got an A/F trimvag chart that can verify that you have no running rich issues?
He is refering to a hybrid valve, read! Most air get recirculated and the rest gets vented. There are handfuls of people using them and also no problems.

Like i said in the other thread, adaptaion works that out for you. I would notice if i had any richness still, and i dont. You really need to research more if you are a mod and less bashing and giving uninformed opinions.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Site Moderator

I wasnt bashing, I was asking a simplequestion. Youre obviously so knowledgable about the topic, I thought we were having a creative conversation. I know 2 people personally who had running issues with their hybrid bov's and they were set well bellow 50%. They had to turn them down bellow 10% to keep it from throwing a CEL. I think I have and give enough technical knowledge and advice to respectfulyhold my title here. Thanks for your uninfomed oppinion as far as that goes though. Try reading the majority of my posts instead of the one's only pertaining to BOV's since you are obviolsly so into them.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm make believe

I think I have and give enough technical knowledge and advice to respectfulyhold my title here. Thanks for your uninfomed oppinion as far as that goes though. Try reading the majority of my posts instead of the one's only pertaining to BOV's since you are obviolsly so into them.
Some advice, you have showed knowledge, but anyone can tell someone what chip/exhust/dv to buy. I have read a few post by you recently that has changed my mind, not to mention pm's. Also, i run a dv so ican move the valve near the tb where it belongs. The stock setup is just horrible. Also, i did answer your ?, i run just like stock and no richness. And you and i both know, thati know what im talking about, and in far more than valves.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Site Moderator

Damn dude, you out for blood huh? I do a lot more than advise on chip/dv/exhausts, and my knowledge is extensive regardless of what you may see. Im really not concerned though with what you think about me personally, as a moderator, etc. Im interested in seeing your A/F trims to verify that what all you say is true. You have a large crowd of nay sayers, so a chart of some sort would be helping your case.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:06 PM

slow down guys you are both right ( its the placement of the item ) you cant just stick it anywhere it has to be proofed as in performance or just noise value, nice to see you guys having a go because it stimulates the gray matter

Old 04-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm make believe

Im interested in seeing your A/F trims to verify that what all you say is true. You have a large crowd of nay sayers, so a chart of some sort would be helping your case.
I would take logs if i had a vag cable. But it wouldnt prove much if i did. I have a narrowband car, the late 01+ have a wideband that would be much more accurate. So you will have to take my word on it that i dont run rich. I had some richness for about 2 days and then after adaptaion took over, it has long gone.

Quick Reply: diverter valve