Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't even know what to say...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Don't even know what to say...

Several months back, I sold my 96 A4 Quattro 5-speed & bought a Lexus. Which by the way is hands down the most boring soul sucking piece of machinery I've ever had the misfortune of driving. Anyway, I had to tell this story to people who would understand. I sold the Audi because I was quoted upwards of 11k to fix everything that was wrong. (Electrical issues, heater core, timing belt, transmission, seconds catalytic converter, fan blower, tie rods, etc.) Seemed redundant to me, so I listed it on craigslist. Sold within 3 hours for $2,700 to a drunk. I wasn't too worried, from what I was told the car wouldn't even make it around the block soon. I was told wrong. Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail from the city of Chicago, Illinois stating I have unpaid traffic violations and to see the attached photograph. What do I see? That same silver Audi. This tool drove from Dallas, TX to Chicago in that car and I can guarantee you he hasn't fixed one thing on the repair list I was given. I'm awestruck. I loved that car and really hated to see it go... What can I say? Germany gives out some pretty damn reliable machines.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

lol, thats a pretty good story.. when that timing belt goes hes gonna have problems though .. why did they send you a ticket? did he not register it or??