Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers window + elec mirrors not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Default drivers window + elec mirrors not working

Hi

Started the car this morning and the electric window on my A4 was not working. All 3 other windows were working fine (from drivers console) I also noticed that the electric mirror isn't working. Now I'm hoping it's a fuse but I'd imagine that all the windows are on the same fuse. So if that's the case, anyone want to venture a guess as to what my problem is

Car is 2002 A4 Quattro Saloon 2.5 TDI Quattro

Thanks
Diarmuid

Old 03-11-2006, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: drivers window + elec mirrors not working

Maybe one of the wires in the boot between the body and door is broken. Check for power at the switches.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:41 PM
5th Gear

Id take your door panel off, those plugs in there could have came off, either that or maybe your window motor is toast....

Old 03-13-2006, 05:30 AM

Thanks for that ....

very strange behaviour over the weekend. The window started working again on Friday. Great. However while drivign the radio started acting up !! Sound would fade as soon as I switched it on. Was like that for 1hr of driving. Pulled in for fuel and when I started back the radio was fine again !

I was getting worried then as two seemingly unrelated electrical problem happening at the same time.

Well the window is not working again. At least I think the motor is ok (as it would never have come back). So the door panel is coming off today .Anyways I'll post the results.

Thanks for the input guys !!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:12 PM

ok .... So I took the door panel off. However I couldn;'t figure what was wrong.

First I'm trying to figure out what's going on there. All the switches (window + mirrors) are connected to some sort of control box that's attached to the window motor. So what does this box do? What I cannot figure out is that the 3 other windows work ok from the same console (and all switches go through the same control box) but the drivers side does not!!

I'm dreading taking it to the Audi dealership as I know I'm going to get screwed..

Any ideas/suggestions would be very welcome !!

Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

Did you find out what the problem was as i have it

Old 06-03-2015, 08:52 AM
2nd Gear

I wonder if the switch for the drivers window was worn out. That is the most used switch on that control panel. I have read that if it needs to be replaced you have to replace the whole unit (and it is pricey). Might try cleanign the contacts on the switch first. No idea why the mirror and window would act up at the same time though.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rhodes991
I wonder if the switch for the drivers window was worn out. That is the most used switch on that control panel. I have read that if it needs to be replaced you have to replace the whole unit (and it is pricey). Might try cleaning the contacts on the switch first. No idea why the mirror and window would act up at the same time though.
The car is being looked at today, it started to work again. Basically the Wires between the door and body become faulty after years of opening and closing the door. Simple electric fix.