Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DV / BOV

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:37 PM
1st Gear
Default DV / BOV

Okay so i have a `99 Audi A4 1.8T and i am looking to put in a BOV so i can get that nice pssshh sound that everyone would love to hear (well not everyone maybe just me) Anyways what exactly is the difference between a BOV and a DV. Is the BOV the only thing that will give you the pssssh?!?!?!?!!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Default RE: DV / BOV

No BOV without lots of tunning. the a4 is a closed loop system and you will run rich with a BOV. The DV resurculates air back into the sytem this is nesicary because of the location of the MAF. This has been asked 4 million times.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

So is there anyway to get that pssssssh from the DV????

Old 08-28-2006, 11:51 PM

Upgrade to a stronger one get an intake and increase the boost you'll hear it its not as loud as a BOV but it is satisfying

But if you really want a BOV do what I'm doing, get a SAFMS or a good Piggyback system and tune the hell outa the car

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

how about if i divert half the air from the recirculation hose to MAF and half to the outside air

Old 08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

wow i cant type but u understand can i divert half the air in the system and half to the air?

Old 08-29-2006, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

is it possible to put a BOV in a stock a4 ?

A hybrid BOV is what your refering to or maybe its a Hybrid DV i dont remember anyways its still not very good, the problem lies that the MAF sensor is before the DV thus the ECu thinks it's getting X amount of air. But if you let loose some of the air into the atmosphere the MAF wont sense it thus the ecu thinks its getting X amount of air but its really not. so the ecu will inject the gas thinking its getting x amount of air but its really getting less and you run rich. There are two options if you are really die hard on a bov.

#1: relocated the MAF (pain in teh *** and requires more tunning)

#2: Tune your car to run MAF less (pain in the *** and requires more tunning)

The easyiest option is to upgrade the DV and get it chipped then you get 2 in one. your faster and you here that Psssh

NOTE: the pssh wont be as promonent as a BOV but you will hear it it wont be like can bearly hear it but the car next to you may not hear it iver there radio.

Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bondga

No BOV without lots of tunning. the a4 is a closed loop system and you will run rich with a BOV. The DV resurculates air back into the sytem this is nesicary because of the location of the MAF. This has been asked 4 million times.
Thank you.... Just when I start ignoring the BOV threads because the debate has been beaten to death, I can see that the noobs can handle the noobs... Noob owns noob^... i love it....
SouRce4 - Try a search on BOV.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:04 AM

Hey now I'm only a newb to the forum not to cars. And I'm gettin that Mechanical engineering degree to back that up