Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DV / BOV

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:36 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: DV / BOV

I recommend getting an intake rather than a BOV, want it louder than i recommend you getting it chipped. If your car isn't tuned for a BOV don't get it unless you want to run into problems later.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: audi_pa

next time some says something about a BOV in an audi...i swear...
[sm=shootshoot.gif]
i bet i have herd it a million times more then you lol and i still hate it

Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 AM

yeah and did you read the above i already said that I'm getting a SAFMS and tunning it to run MAF less

Old 08-29-2006, 03:18 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Bondga

yeah and did you read the above i already said that I'm getting a SAFMS and tunning it to run MAF less
your doing this all to run a bov???? and i used to take mine off all teh time and run it as a bov

Old 08-29-2006, 03:23 AM
18T
4th Gear

here we goo...

The Audi turbo system is a closed loop system by which all unused boost that is spooled during off throttle and gear shifts must be re-routed within the system; it cannot be vented to the atmosphere due to the dependence on the MAF and ECU to properly read and interpret air flow dynamics within the intake tract. Therefore BOV's (Blow-Off Valves) are not used because they create a rich air/fuel condition (i.e. less air to fuel ratio) which will damage the catalytic converter, create soot on the exhaust pipes, and cause occasional misfiring (due to the purged air) which will result in ECU miscalculated timing adjustments and other errors.

For Audi closed loop turbo systems, a BPV (By-Pass Valve) or DV (Diverter Valve) is needed to recirculate the purged air and keep it within the intake tract.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:02 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

here we goo...

The Audi turbo system is a closed loop system by which all unused boost that is spooled during off throttle and gear shifts must be re-routed within the system; it cannot be vented to the atmosphere due to the dependence on the MAF and ECU to properly read and interpret air flow dynamics within the intake tract. Therefore BOV's (Blow-Off Valves) are not used because they create a rich air/fuel condition (i.e. less air to fuel ratio) which will damage the catalytic converter, create soot on the exhaust pipes, and cause occasional misfiring (due to the purged air) which will result in ECU miscalculated timing adjustments and other errors.

For Audi closed loop turbo systems, a BPV (By-Pass Valve) or DV (Diverter Valve) is needed to recirculate the purged air and keep it within the intake tract.
And if you're removing the Cat, I'm sure it's still a problem, but one less component to worry about?

Old 08-29-2006, 04:06 AM
1st Gear

whats the difference between Bypass valve and DV?

Old 08-29-2006, 04:07 AM
1st Gear

BPV = DV

Old 08-29-2006, 04:12 AM
1st Gear

makes sense. any1 using any of the hybrid valves? if so are they good :? and where can i find one?

Old 08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear

wow...