Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DV-- A World of Difference!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:23 PM
2nd Gear
Default DV-- A World of Difference!

Hi Lads/Ladies,
I just got around to installing my new Diverter Valve(710N) today and I must say I am extremely impressed! My car sounds and acts much better! Response is awsome and I can actually feel the turbo pull a little. If you have not yet done this to your car..make it priority #1!!! www.ecstuning.com has the 710N for $28. Another dollar will get you the 2 clamps you need to replace.

Tips on removing/installing DV:
1) Yell at it
2) Scream at it
3) Bite your toung and bleed on it
4) Call one of your friends over and say,"Hey, I bet you can't get this damn clamp off."
5) Find the void, be one with the ball, release yourself to the supreme beings, concentrate your chi, and find honor in your solution.

**in that order

-T

Old 10-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Default RE: DV-- A World of Difference!

Are you chipped? Or did this make a huge difference in stock trim?

Old 10-10-2004, 11:33 PM
2nd Gear

No Chip...Stock Trim...AMAZING!

-T

Old 10-10-2004, 11:39 PM

This definatly needs to be known forum wide. anybody else that can vouch for this?

Old 10-10-2004, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear

I just replaced my DV with a forge 007 and it was quite easy. Yea if your stock DV has failed it will make a noticable difference, nothin huge, but otherwise it doesn't transform your A4 to an RS4.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear

Agreed trailboss, no RS4 (sob sob, but I want one!). But I can definitly feel and hear a difference from just a simple upgrade. My stock DV might have been complete crap too so that could have been the reason I was so suprised.

The only difficulty I actually came across during the install was replacing the small clamp. The clamp I got to replace the old clamp with was not playing nice. But other than that it was VERY easy. Straight foward, simple, and oh so worth it!

-T

Old 10-11-2004, 12:27 AM
2nd Gear

I lied it was a bitch to get the hose clamps off, it was just aggravating i did feel a little difference in my car too but, i think i just prgramed myself to think so, cause i spent $135 on the DV.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:28 AM
4th Gear

Yeah those clamps can make you want to grind them off with the grinder.... but after some persausion they came off. I have to 710 and i could tell some difference, nothin major but you can hear the turbo more thats for sure.

Old 10-11-2004, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

does it void the warranty? which is the best one to get?

Old 10-11-2004, 05:38 PM
2nd Gear

chelskisw6,
this won't do much for you cuz your rollin in a 03'. That model comes stock with the 710N. You should replace your DV only if the 710N has failed or you chip and want something that can handle higher boost pressure.

My car came stock with a 710 DV. This valve is said to hold roughly 8psi. However, the stock boost can peek upwards of around 10psi. In those instances where it peaks, the 710 "could" leak. Upgrading to the 710N DV will help cuz it is rated to handle higher boost pressure (roughly 18psi).

**note : 710 = ~8psi, 710N = ~18psi

Personally, I would say that if you are running stock there is no reason for you to upgrade to anything more expensive than the 710N. There are only 2 reasons why getting a higher end DV makes sense. 1) some can handle boost pressures greater than 20psi. 2) they are rebuildable, hence reusable.

#2 doesn't make any sense to me. So what if the thing is reusable, how many times are you gonna need to replace the DV anyways? $28 compared with $100+...I could by ~4 710N valves for the price of one forge, and I don't have to clean my 710N.

#1 makes sense if you are boosting some crazy psi

--Anyone have a better reason to buy a high priced DV like forge?
--any corrections on my logic or figures?

oh..I forgot..It will probably void your warranty..unless you put a 710N in and have the audi shop do it..in which case it would be pointless for someone who already has the 710N.

Look in the General Discussion forum for a list of DV's and relative prices posted by ImolaS4.

-T

Quick Reply: DV-- A World of Difference!