Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric problems: A/C , interior lights, and Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Electric problems: A/C , interior lights, and Alarm

99 A4 2.8LQ

first off, none of these problems are consistent. just kinda random. second, its under 60 day dealer warranty so those bungholes are paying for it to be taken to a local audi dealer and diagnosed/fixed. here are the problems:

driving, interiorlights pop on...and stay on until i get home and lock the doors and unlock them and shut them. hasn't happened since

car is sitting in my driveway and the alram just starts going off, nothing around it, or in it....happened twice

driving...AC shuts off....and i turn it right back on...a few days go by and it rains....AC will not stay on....it stops raining car dries out...AC works....( fortunately we've had great weather since i bought my car)

go to the car wash....wash my car...take off for a nice air dry...and my exterior temp sensor reads -58F, it was roughly about 90F, needless to say the ACwouldn't work, but as soon as the ext temp sensor started getting back to normal temps the AC worked great.

not a huge deal cause its under warranty...any ideas though, maybe i can help the mechs pinpoint the problem?? does the exterior temperature sensor have any effect on my AC unit? as far as allowing my AC unit to activate if it is reading such low temps?

the interior lights haven't been a problem since that day they popped on...but hopefully the audi mechs can find a solution to all three problems with one bare/shorted wire? i had a similar problem in my 99 VW golf, and after they started to trace the wires they found 3 bare wires touching metal...

Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Electric problems: A/C , interior lights, and Alarm

anyone?