Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical System haywire???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Default Electrical System haywire???

So after the two big snow storms in CO my car has been acting a little odd. For instance, yesterday the alarm starting going off on its own and i would turn it off and then watch it go off again by itself, five minutes later. I went through this process a few times and then manually locked the doors and it hasn't done it since. Last week I got in the car and turned the ignition on and the passenger window went down on its own. Today i turned the car on and the rear passenger window went down on its own. Also starting last night, the car will automatically lock all doors five seconds after i start driving.. and it does this every time driven now. I dont know it there is a bad connection somewhere or something that was affected by the three feet of snow or what?? Any suggestions?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:28 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Electrical System haywire???

My bet would be a bad window switch and a bad door latch somewhere. Also check the wires in the door jamb between the drivers door and body. Scan it for faults and check the value blocks for the doors. Most likely you will find a fault for a door lock tripping the alarm. Dont rule out a faulty central locking control module thou. It controls both the windows and the alarm. So if its bad you will see problems in both systems. Its kinda the common componant.