Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Plate makes me slower...RANT

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Euro Plate makes me slower...RANT

So I get this Euro plate (illegal in NJ) and now I'm more worried about gettin' pulled over...! Dink for no front plate, dink for illegal tint on the windows. I work for the Dept. of Corrections (and the car is marked as such), but is this gonna help me - I dunno ! Damn laws...!!!

Also, f'ing East Coast weather - I can't keep the car clean as its done nothing but rain every other day this month - and all I gotta look forward to is putting my stock 17's back on the car in Nov. with winter tires...!!!!

Now, I grew up in Cali - and what problems do you bros have out there...? Smooth rodes, nice weather. What am I doing on the East Coast...???

Oh, well - hey West Coasties - how are the housing prices doin' out there... traffic on the 405 better lately...

Grass is always greener! But, damn those euro plates for slowin' me down!

Old 07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Euro Plate makes me slower...RANT

Pay to play, mang... If you don't want the stress, don't mod the car illegally. I would just forget about it and enjoy driving. If you get ticketed then thats life - as long as you can afford it.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: fuche

Oh, well - hey West Coasties - how are the housing prices doin' out there... traffic on the 405 better lately...

Grass is always greener! But, damn those euro plates for slowin' me down!
Housing prices still going up..waaaayyyy over priced...traffic better?LOL...has hell frozen over yet?

Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM

I love these post's when someone says damn Cops! Will I get a ticket for this...,LOL I love writing people tickets, especially when that driver does something and know it's wrong...hehe, very fun...
And remember guys/gals if you do ever get a ticket don't complain and be a jerk about it to the Law Enforcement Officer, this can lead into getting more tickets!...thou it is fun for Cops to walk back and write more tickets and see that frustration on a driver acting like a baboon.
Drive Safe,

Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

Hey - I work with cops, I got no problem with cops - you'll notice that I said "damn laws" - if you wanna bust me for something that is illegal - I got nuthin' comin' and noone to complain to but myself. However, that said - I do think some of the laws are silly/stupid and for the most part law enforcement has better things to do then enfoce meaningless laws. regardless - I've never argued with a cop - the only times I've ever been cited is for speeding and hey - no **** - I know I'm speeding - what am I gonna say? I just look at it as my once every 2-4 years payment of the "speeding tax" ...

Old 07-13-2006, 07:49 PM

LOL, hehe. Some areas enforce things more than other areas, I never you said you gave LEO's a problem, I'm sure you don't, that message was for other people in general. And yes there are alot of "silly" laws out there.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 2nd2none

I love these post's when someone says damn Cops! Will I get a ticket for this...,LOL I love writing people tickets, especially when that driver does something and know it's wrong...hehe, very fun...
And remember guys/gals if you do ever get a ticket don't complain and be a jerk about it to the Law Enforcement Officer, this can lead into getting more tickets!...thou it is fun for Cops to walk back and write more tickets and see that frustration on a driver acting like a baboon.
Drive Safe,

Can we say powertrip?? You almost had my vote for *** of the month, but the guy with the bmw grill on his audi beat you out. Hey, come to think of it, you should go write him a ticket, and impound his POS.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM

bluovalguy
Power trip not even close buddy, I sure hope your not one of those people that think you are one of gods gifts to man kind. Anyone in the same situation would do the same exact thing if your getting spoken to with no respect, unless of course you like being talked to like crap and with no respect, but heh to each his own, ehh
PS-Treat LEO's with respect and kindness and it'll come back to you(thou there is the 10%rule) Why should civilians give LEO's a problem if the civillians are the ones breaking the law?

Old 07-14-2006, 01:04 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 2nd2none

bluovalguy
Power trip not even close buddy, I sure hope your not one of those people that think you are one of gods gifts to man kind. Anyone in the same situation would do the same exact thing if your getting spoken to with no respect, unless of course you like being talked to like crap and with no respect, but heh to each his own, ehh
PS-Treat LEO's with respect and kindness and it'll come back to you(thou there is the 10%rule) Why should civilians give LEO's a problem if the civillians are the ones breaking the law?

I am far from believing that I am god's gift to anything. And I dont like being spoken to like a piece of crap either. However, if you use your position to DEMAND respect for no other reason than because you could cite the person again, then yeah, I believe that qualifies as a powertrip. Especially when you take pleasure in doing it. Not only does that qualify as a powertrip, but qualifies said person as a d1ck as well. Not neccesarily referring to you, unless that is your MO.

And before you go off about "You would do it to if you were in my situation", no I wouldnt. I am not a cop, but when it comes to disrespect, my job gives me FAR more leeway to use my position to be an *** to the disrespectful people.

Civilians, LEO's?? Using terms like that give people the impression that you believe you are far more important than you really are, thus reinforcing the belief that you may be on a bit of a, here we go again, POWERTRIP.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:57 AM
2nd Gear

bluovalguy fought the law...but he won

Quick Reply: Euro Plate makes me slower...RANT