Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Plate makes me slower...RANT

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Euro Plate makes me slower...RANT

What's that saying???? "Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded." Can someone find me the banner? Because it's a really funny picture that goes w/ the quote. But to add to this...I've learned thru school and experiences (criminal justice major) that if you're polite to the law enforcement officer, you'll have a much better chance of getting let off of a ticket. I got pulled over 4 times in my Honda for having my front plate in the dash (ticketed the 4th time by a Portland motorcycle cop). And got pulled over (let off) for my German Plate on the A4. I was nice every time.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: seahawkfan94

What's that saying???? "Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded." Can someone find me the banner? Because it's a really funny picture that goes w/ the quote. But to add to this...I've learned thru school and experiences (criminal justice major) that if you're polite to the law enforcement officer, you'll have a much better chance of getting let off of a ticket. I got pulled over 4 times in my Honda for having my front plate in the dash (ticketed the 4th time by a Portland motorcycle cop). And got pulled over (let off) for my German Plate on the A4. I was nice every time.
that is damn true. ive only been pulled over once and gotten a ticket once, but i was as nice as i could be

Old 07-14-2006, 04:27 AM
2nd Gear

plus, if u get pulled over, u are pretty much at the cop's mercy. why would u be a dick for something u knew u did completely wrong. even though u did it, respect may let u off with a warning...

Old 07-14-2006, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: juice88

plus, if u get pulled over, u are pretty much at the cop's mercy. why would u be a dick for something u knew u did completely wrong. even though u did it, respect may let u off with a warning...

EXACTLY!!!! I roll my windows down b4 they come up (20% tint) and have my hands on the steering wheel or on the door panel so they can see 'em, day or night. (Hey if I was a cop it'd make me more comfortable and appreciative), and always show respect..the "yes, sir." and stuff like that. The basic butt-kissing. I've been pulled over like 11 times in 9 years of driving...just that one ticket! Yes I just knocked on wood!

Old 07-14-2006, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: seahawkfan94

What's that saying???? "Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded."

***Smacks self in the head with a skillet while trying to curl fingers into the universal sign for letting you know you are number 1 *****

j/k

Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

I live in the Bronx and just put a euro plate on without the front NY plate, while driving around I NEVER got any attention from the police....but when I parked the car that’s when I almost got my ticket. The cop was just driving around bored I guess, but he was nice enough to not continue writing the ticket when I came out my house. He let me off with a warning….better then a $60 dollar ticket.

Anyway in conclusion it’s all up to the cop. He or she could be in a bad mood or just bored. Maybe you should try hanging the NY plate under the euro plate to see if you like it.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

i grew up in NY, and now i'm in LA staying 2 hrs on the 405 (with a manual car) on the way back from work

grass is always greener on the other side....

Old 07-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Bip
1st Gear

ORIGINAL:

Also, f'ing East Coast weather - I can't keep the car clean as its done nothing but rain every other day this month -

..i hear ya. everytime i wash my car it rains the next day.[:@]

Old 07-14-2006, 06:47 PM

NJ native that vacations in Cali... I prefer to live here. The weather has sucked this summer! However, I'd rather deal with all 4 (real) seasons than trust fund babies complaining how they got the FWD titanium package.

ANYWAY, whatever the coast, the cops have a tough job. They never know who they are pulling over and the attitude is somethign that's required of them. The days of a smiling officer are gone, imo. Admit it, you wouldn't respect them as representatives of the government if they weren't carrying themselves a certain way while on the job.

Notice I said on the job. What grinds my gears is when an officer is off duty and has the same demeanor. My cousin is a sergeant with the state police here and I see that 10% of his co-workers with the demeanor still "on" while we're having some beers and throwing horseshoes or something...