Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

factory lights to xenon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Default factory lights to xenon?

Just picked up my new 04 1.8t A4 ultra sport and just realized that it has the regular lights instead of the xenon’s. I am pretty sad about it, but it was my dumb A$$ for not making sure it had that option. Anyways, my question is for you guys that have been in my shoes (factory lights) and gone blue! How do I do that? Can I simply replace the bulb or is it more complicated than that? Any low cost suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: factory lights to xenon?

Theres some on the vendor sale forum for $200.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

You're going to need an HID conversion kit. These can range anywhere from $100 to $500 or more depending on the quality. They include bulbs and balasts. The balasts ignite the gas inside the bulb. So there is a bit more to it then just replacing the bulb. You can check here for a set http://vvme.com/

Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear

I have stock halogens and just ordered a set of Valeo HID kit from ebay for $240. There are a lot of cheaper and expensive ones but I would not recommend anything apart from valeo as these are the ones that stock Xenon on A4 have. You dont want to be running into "blown bulb" warning since some kits consume way less power. Looks like some Hella and philips are good ones too but they are a little expensive.
Check this link for valeo.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...spagenameZWDVW

This link explains how to modify halogen projector for xenons.
http://www.hid-concept.com/gallery/a...stallation.htm

Hope this helps.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:59 PM
3rd Gear

around 4300k temp. is what you wan't to look into buying. Prettymuch anything with a higher temp. will be for appearance only and will not produce as much visible light.......

Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator

VVME is selling them at $57.99 right now, and a lot of guys swear by that kit. Check it out here:

http://www.vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html

Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

thats an awesome deal at that VVME...

has anyone dealt with them?

Old 09-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Administrator

I heard about them from this forum - a lot of guys have bought HIDs from them and been very happy - do a search for VVME and I'm sure you'll find quite a few posts paying them tribute. I'm going to get a set of them for my fogs to match my low beams

Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

If you want to do the cheap thing like me just go to ebay and buy some NOKYA ARCTIC WHITE halogen bulbs. They are 100 watts instead of the stock 55 watts and they run about 20 bucks a set over the 40 bucks for the crappy ones at autozone. They are pretty blue but still nothing compared to the HID look that the conversion kit will give you. The different bulbs were great for me at first but now I amused to it and I really want the HID's. Just look around on ebay for a decent prices conversion kit or you can go to www.hidking.com
Try the Nokya's at first and see how you like them for the price.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audi_98_a4

If you want to do the cheap thing like me just go to ebay and buy some NOKYA ARCTIC WHITE halogen bulbs. They are 100 watts instead of the stock 55 watts and they run about 20 bucks a set over the 40 bucks for the crappy ones at autozone. They are pretty blue but still nothing compared to the HID look that the conversion kit will give you. The different bulbs were great for me at first but now I amused to it and I really want the HID's. Just look around on ebay for a decent prices conversion kit or you can go to www.hidking.com
Try the Nokya's at first and see how you like them for the price.
That is not a safe idea. You're pulling more wattage through your stock cabling casuing the cabling to heat up as well as producing more heat in the headlight housing leading to melting and discoloration.

I would pick up a good quality HID conversion kit or buy some good used OEM Xenon headlight units.

Quick Reply: factory lights to xenon?