Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat girls gone WILD!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:04 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: fat girls gone WILD!!

^^^umm...was the engine hot/warm? lol Look at the reservoir you'll the max and min fill lines.

Chaos that what you get for riding around with drunk fat chicks.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: kolan67

While were on this topic, I have a quick question.

I was checking my oil a week ago, and i saw the coolent thingy. I removed the cap to see much i had left, but then it made a huge suction noise. This scared me and tightened it back on. Is it normal to make this sound? Also what level should the coolent be at?

ty
Well there is a cold level for the coolant when the car is cold (not started) is when you should top up the coolant. That suction noise that you heard was because the excess coolant that was in the system ends up back in the coolant tank or whatever you want to call it. And also for the other issue when you change the coolant they should pressure test it! After a few weeks of driving or so should come back to normal but always add coolant to the "cold" level rating when the car is cold! When they change the coolant there is always air in the system so until all that circulates out coolant will be low! If the coolant is full and you still got an error the sensor/s might be shot! But than again all of this is if there are noticable leaks. And when you opened the cap while it was warm you kinda de pressurized the system so thats why the suction noise happened!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 PM
5th Gear

hey chaos i would just fill it up with water if it leaked out again. then get a coolant leak detection kit. it's like a dye u put into the reservoir and then u shine a light around the engine to see wut is actaully leaking. and also, fat chicks cause the engine to run harder lol so next time, be careful haha.
and kolan it's fine. mine has done that too. and so has my dad's highlander. almost got killed by his rad cap. stupid car was cold and the rad cap still flew up at me when i went to take it off grrr.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:00 AM
4th Gear

Mine did that to. I replaced the coolant flange and filled it back up. It took 2 days of driving before all the air was out and my coolant wouldn't leak anymore.

Josh

Old 10-06-2007, 08:49 AM
5th Gear

[:@] i knew i shouldn't have brought those 2 heffers home from the bar with me the other night, probly wut made my clutch go out too...lol jk

im hoping my situation is the same as Josh's. it was raining last night and then i started drinking so i still haven't checked, and im too lazy to get outa bed right now lol. it might be slightly less than 6.5 quarts in the system cause i didn't tighten the bottom bolt down all the way the first time and some coolant leaked out. and i was told it was between 1.2-1.8 gallons so its still within the range. i dont even wana go look at it now lol

Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
5th Gear

ok so i checked the coolant and it doesn't look like i've lost any since i last filled it. i looked under the car to make sure there were no puddles, but there was[&o] but it was oil[&o][&o] i looked to see where the puddle came from and there was a drip right under the bolt you loosen to let out the oil, so i figured the last oil change (3 weeks ago) i forgot to tighten it back down all the way, so i grabbed my socket wrench, but the bolt was definitely on there fully...so where's the oil coming from? could it be from the filter? i dont have time to jack it up and get under there, so i thought i'd ask now, and if no one comes up with an answer i'll just look when i paint my wheels friday

Old 10-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Site Moderator

Probably need to change the little gasket on the oil drain plug. You're "supposed" to change it every oil change.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
5th Gear

i did change it, but i guess they gave me a crappy one. i'll pick up another when i get all my other crap for friday's project and see if thats the problem. thanx again auditech

Old 10-10-2007, 06:45 PM
5th Gear

check for cracks and the oil pan gasket too just in case. hope u find the leak and it's nothing major. gl