Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front window not clearing

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Front window not clearing

I bought an A4 2005 this week.
I also have the same problem. Have any of you found a cure? it's really annoying when trying to clear a frozen windscreen.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Front window not clearing SOLUTION

I have fixed my blower.

The motor was seazed/stuck. You need to remove the glovebox with an 8mm socket. There are 5 bolts, 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom. You will also need to remove the panel on the left hand side of the glovebox, using a screw driver.

One these are removed you will see 3 motors on the right. The middle one controls the windscreen vent.

I removed the motor, using a 6mm socket set. I then plugged it into another power terminal for one of the other motors and run through the blower options, after watchign the motor work back and forth i then re connected to its original power supply, replaced the bolts and tested it. i found that another motor was also seized. i did the same with this and....

To my delight it worked. Refitting the glovebox was fairly difficult, but not too bad. i did it all when it was about -2 and pitch black, it still only took about an hour.

Attached Thumbnails  Front window not clearing-blower-motor.jpg  
Old 01-07-2016, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

Same issue ... was working before as I was amazed at how quickly it worked to clear the windscreen ! Figured out a medium useful work around today.

On 2002 A4 , put air blower on centre console ( middle setting ) and windows ( arrow up setting ) and turn the dials so that the air is blowing directly up and in the desires dorection from each one.it works to clear the drivers side but just takes longer. I don't mind as on a cold damp day I can wait 5 to 10 mins to warm the engine so helps that way going to my neighbour mechanic on sat so will see if he can implement the fix mentioned above

Old 10-30-2018, 07:44 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mdbaby85
Same issue ... was working before as I was amazed at how quickly it worked to clear the windscreen ! Figured out a medium useful work around today.

On 2002 A4 , put air blower on centre console ( middle setting ) and windows ( arrow up setting ) and turn the dials so that the air is blowing directly up and in the desires dorection from each one.it works to clear the drivers side but just takes longer. I don't mind as on a cold damp day I can wait 5 to 10 mins to warm the engine so helps that way going to my neighbour mechanic on sat so will see if he can implement the fix mentioned above
I have A4 2005 windscreen will not clear fan is working and air comes from every vent except windscreen can anyone help

Old 09-02-2019, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

press and hold what exactly if you dont mind me asking??

Old 09-03-2019, 07:51 AM
1st Gear
Default I had this. I fixed it

I had this 8 years ago. You have to remove the glove box, this isn’t too hard.
You can then reach in, behind the dash.
Turn the air vent to the floor, then the middle and then the screen. You will see the vents changing behind the dash.
I simply moved them by hand to free them. I also cleaned them, the best I could.

I still have the car car and the problem hasn’t re occurred.

Originally Posted by rokeegan
Hi air is not reaching my front window via the vents on the top of
my dash when i turn on the blower.
I have a 2004 A4.
I have checked the polen filter it is fine.
all fuses are fine.
I have been told it is a dash out job as it may be a cable problem.
Has anyone had any similar experience , can anyone help or
suggest what could be wrong ??