Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges

Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Gauges

I have boost, oil pressure, and A/f, all auto meter gauges. Can anyone tell me whatI should be boosting at say half throttle and full throttle, and what my oil pressure should be at idle and at 40 mph in 5th. Also my a/f gauges jumps from the middle to rich every 2 seconds. The guy i bought it from said its chipped with an apr, but i'm not sure if it is, at full throttle its around 15 psi but it doesn't pull that hard, is it because i have a stock intake and exhaust? My other 1.8 before this one pulled harder and all i had was a drop in filter and an exhuast. Any input is appreciated.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Gauges

if it's chipped it will pull alot more than a non chipped one. i mean it's a 40-50 hp difference. there are guys on there with stock exhaust and a cone filter and they say that after they chipped their car, they feel like they got a new car. another way to tell if it's chipped or not is to take out the ECU and check for urself. also the boost can be controlled with an mbc.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

Yea, thats what I heard... I'll check the ecu tomorrow when its light out, Where under the hood is it?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 PM
5th Gear

it's on the driver's side right below the winshield. can be a PITA to take the cover off though.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow, any tools i'm gonna need or does it just pop off with a tab or something?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 PM
5th Gear

not 100% sure but i believe they're just 8mm bolts. i think there's a post on it.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Jeez you're a post ***** bro lol. I think a month ago I had more posts than you did, and you blew by me like a maniac (just playin')

Old 11-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Are we planning on doing your HID install at the same time as the Vagcom stuff?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
5th Gear

well i'll attempt the HID myself first and see wut happens. and i'll play with the vag com and the few programs i've downloaded. should be fun hehehe. and i just have more free time than u haha. sry for stealing part of ur post shwab

i don't have the actual vag com registered program yet and won't till i get more money but i got lemmiwinks and i hope it works for our cars lol

Old 11-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

True enough I don't blame you though - it's hard to keep new toys under wraps. And it's almost impossible to screw up the HID install. You should install one side only at first, then turn the lights on and take a pic for future posts, for all the people that want to see the difference between HID and halogen. If you run into any snags, I'll swing by and show ya what I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gauges