Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get ready to make fun of me

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default Get ready to make fun of me

This weekend i "attempted" to add HIDS to my B6, well i didnt have the torx bit that i needed to i used an allan wrench, took me 3 hours to do one head lamp, first i couldnt get the last 2 screws out cause i couldnt see them, and i couldnt reach them. After i go the first head light out i pulled the blinker and went to change it got the wrong bulb [:@], dam NAPA retards. so i start the DIY for the HIDS( very easy i see know) first i pull the high beam didnt realize got it fully installed and back in the to test by the time i realized, had to redo the whole thing for the low beam and seal the high beam, any one know where i can get a replacement high beam cover?? get the low beams installed they turn on beautiful so happy, all this took 3 hours. Go to do the passenger side couldnt get one of the screws out stripped one and striped the allan wrench , so i said screw it and tride to replace the battery taht took 30 min as i couldnt find the right bit to take the batery out, finally got it out replaced and put back together so i have one HID a new battery and the car runs and feels smoother, seems to have better power but im not sure. So thats my weekend i broke down and got a torx bit and then it rained so i have one HID waiting to be put in and a CC mod that i want to do but and scared to try.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Get ready to make fun of me

getting those headlights out for the first time is tough!

i had to use a extended snapon rachet screwdriver with tape holding the torx bit on... once u do it though its easy!

why did u take the battery out? u have to remove or loosen the front sway bar!

i just ordered my oem HID kit from akina boy with 6000k bulbs.. im going to try to CC mine at the same time too! hopefully ill fair a little bit better! let me know how the rest goes!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:57 AM
2nd Gear

ya i know, i didnt touch the sway bar there is a allen bolt holding down the battery,didnt know what size i think its a 7, i have 6000k as well looks so sick with the one in.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear

i cant wait to get mine in... someone on the zine said they didnt like their 6k but im sure i will! i just hope they come in by friday.. akinaboy is shipping them out tuesday he said...

u said u havent CC yet? im going to give it a shot and keep plenty of silicone around to seal up that hole lol! im going to paint my blinker bulb silver too..... hopefully ill have some pics up by sunday!

there are four bolts holding the front sway (two each side) on that u have to take off to get to the battery tray bolt... its not much fun but not hard

Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
2nd Gear

my battery had only 1 bolt inthe front, i have a 2002 a4

Old 10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ironman

my battery had only 1 bolt inthe front, i have a 2002 a4
right but im not sure if a UltraSport is any different but i have a front sway bar taking up all the space between the battery and firewall so i had to swing it up to get to that one bolt [:@]

maybe i just didnt have the right tools or know how.. i did the battery swap in the rain in a parking lot[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
4th Gear

is this you??

Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

dad always said to just hit it with a hammer. then you can get to/lossen everything. prime example of running to the store to get that $3 tool would saved more time than spent trying to get by w/whatcha got. but i've done those type of repairs and they suck.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
2nd Gear

aikibil ya i really didnt think of it and i knew the size i needed b4 hand and i was in napa to get the bolt totally didnt think of it, but now i know better i got the parts b4 hand, but hopefuly itll all get done soon.