Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOT CHIPPED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Site Moderator
Default GOT CHIPPED!

Allz I have to say is YAY! And... Holy criznap! WOW. AMAZING. WONDERFUL. I could think of more adjetives but let me tell you, WOAH! What a difference GIAC makes! Funny how much of a turnaround these guys made when I returned from my last trip there. Read "pissed" post if you want to know what i mean. They basicaly kissed my royal *** till it was blue. Took them about an hour to do it cuz he flashed it the wrong way at first, had to reflash back to stock mode, and then GIAC! Ive heard people say it before, but, why dont they roll off the assembly line this way???? The increase in power is night and day, and I havent even gotten the chance to reallllly get on it. I mean, getting up to 60mph is a sinch, and I feel like i own the road now! Just effortless acceleration. Throtle response is improved greatly also. And yes, I had a **** eating grin most of the way back to work. The dudes told me it will take about 3 days of normal driving for the ecu to fully adapt. I dont hear any knocking or other syptoms they described were possible during the "adaption period"- but this is just day 1 so i dunno. Im very pleased, and this is the very best performance mod ive ever had done. My NGK laser's are gapped at .032.. After some reading on chipped vw/audi's ive learned that a gap of about .028 might be better. Can anyone testify to that one? The dude took it for a test drive when he was done and said "gotta love the automatic!" he told me that in some cases, auto trannys can be better for turbo cars because when it shifts, the throtle plate doesnt close as much as a manual shift and keeps the boost better between shifts. I dont know about that but it kind of makes sense. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Default RE: GOT CHIPPED!

Haha, glad it worked out in the end. Can't wait to get chipped myself.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:22 PM
4th Gear

Think what it feels like when you add another 115hp to your car. Yeah, chips are night and day.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 PM
1st Gear

I'm glad you're happy with your mod. I can't wait to get mine done. I have a B7 though, and I am going to be patient and wait until everyone has software.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Site Moderator

Well, just got back from dinner and driving around and stuff. I can deffinately tell now that the ecu is adjusting itself. RPM's at idle sometimes are right about 1000 and goes back down when warmed up. Also the power is sometimes not there right away. From what im told its normal and no worries until after 3 days and its still doing it i guess. Still great though my wife likes it too.. amazingly

Old 11-11-2005, 11:35 PM
3rd Gear

Worth Mickey Mantle?

Old 11-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

Worth Mickey Mantle?
Haha. Hmmm. So far yes. I dont think ill feel too bad for the "trade" because i still have cards with value and sentimental value. On the way home tonight my wife was driving and she asked "what happens if i floor it?" I said "try it" (keep in mind I myself havent even floored it yet wth the chip) and the damn thing took off, lost a little traction going about 35mph. I havent messed around in tip mode yet, that will be fun. I have deffinately noticed more gas consumption but im sure thats just because i had an extra heavy foot today being excited. I cant wait for tomorrow, i may regap my plugs to .028.. Does anyone know about the correct gapping for being chipped???????? Im pretty sure .028 is correct.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

It's really great until you get used to the power...

Old 11-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: countmegone

It's really great until you get used to the power...
Well as soon as i "get used to the power" ill go get the stock program so i can appreciate it all over again. But I doubt that will be anytime real soon.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:21 AM
2nd Gear

whats the estimated hp/trque gain from GIAC? and is anything else different, like the redline?

Quick Reply: GOT CHIPPED!