Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Light and Tail Light Tint

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Head Light and Tail Light Tint

dont tint the fronts not being able to see is nto cool, especailly if you hit me!!! tails look sick side markers look good too

Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

I am currentlysearching for tail light tinting instructions. I have come accross a film that you squeegie on and a spary that they sell in hobby stores. I am thinking of just going with the film tint as I am tinting my car in maybe 2 weeks or so (1st of month). If the shop can tint the tail lights, I will just have them do it. But the rest of the windows just have to be done. Just got my Audi 2 weeks ago and the only thing I have ordered so far are rain guards.

DO NOT spray the headlights. What I plan on doing is to just purchase black headlights. They are pricey for good quality ones, but look really nice. Then add H7 white bubls to them as I have stock mustard Check the link for headlights. http://www.andysautosport.com/audi/2000_2001_a4/

The link is actually one of this sites sponsors. I followed the Newbie forum and actually took heed. Some great deals.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 AM
1st Gear

chaos your car looks good, i like the front sides tinted too ive never seen it. clear corners are better imo but that isnt bad since your car is black. whats up with that tape though? did someone tape your entire hood as a prank? id be pissed, hope its ok on the paint

Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

come on just go buy a bat mobile then. all blacked out lol...

Old 10-12-2007, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear

Tinting the headlights might look cool, but I see no reason to sacrifice light output for "a cool look". as for the tinted tail lights, BAD IDEA. When it's raining one day and you slam on your breaks, some unassuming person will not be able to see you and F uck up your ride.......and it may be your fault if there is a law against tinting your tail lights.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

NEVER tint your headlights MAN. I see people in HONDA's with it and it always makes me laugh, especially since we're all out here trying to get our headlights brighter with HID/XENON etc.... You might as well go out and puta huge fin on the back too. C'mon, you have an A4.....not some japanese tin can. Do the one-piece conversion and get on with it. The bottom line is you NEED to see where you are going, and nothing looks better than a sick set of lights coming at you.

As far as the tail lights, the easiest thing is to get R/C spray tint from a hobby store and spray it on. Always use a clear coat at the end or you'll be dealing with cracking and chipping in no time. You shouldn't have a problem with people seeing your breaklights, especially with the rear deck light.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Tint the hell out of your taillights if you want, but don't mess with the headlights - that's asking for an accident. Style's great, but not at the expense of safety. Get black-housing aftermarket headlights if you have to have that look. But blacking out your headlights is just foolish.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:47 PM

DO IT!!!!!!! tint your head lights BUT install some 6000K or 8000K HIDs that way you'll compensate for tint. I bet it will look sick

Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: CTown

chaos your car looks good, i like the front sides tinted too ive never seen it. clear corners are better imo but that isnt bad since your car is black. whats up with that tape though? did someone tape your entire hood as a prank? id be pissed, hope its ok on the paint
ORIGINAL: quattro/2.8

WTFFFF happened to your audi man lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nah it was right before i drive up to tallahassee from boca. i was gona tape my front end to prevent rock chips but gave up after doing the hood, and later that night i was chillin at my friends house and i got the idea to have them all sign my hood. and then they decided to write **** all over my car with the rest of my blue tape.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_631801/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: The Russian

wow i actually really like teh sides of the lights tinted, never seen that before, its a good look
thanx, ur camo a4 is sick too. and the black sides are just a temp fix until i can afford ecodes...which is after all my engine mods so its gona be awhile lol but it looks alot better than orange IMO

ORIGINAL: BOPOH

DO IT!!!!!!! tint your head lights BUT install some 6000K or 8000K HIDs that way you'll compensate for tint. I bet it will look sick
the higher the degrees K the more blue the light is not how bright it is. Audi's already utilize the brightest bulbs stock. and doing a light tint on your headlights ain't gona cause any loss of vision. my friend with the evo in the pic lightly tinted his and you can see perfectly at night. and my tails are tinted but there is no problem seeing them at night or during the day. when my car is running again im gona take a vid of what it looks like since so many people think you cant see your lights at all when they're tinted.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear

im thinking about going to buy some tint for my tail lights today... hmm....

Quick Reply: Head Light and Tail Light Tint