Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated seat randomly comes on!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
4th Gear
Default Heated seat randomly comes on!

Yesterday I was driving along with the AC on and yet I realized that my backside was getting hot, and it occurred to me that the heated seat must be on. I went to turn it off, but the switch was already rotated to the zero (off) setting. Then I figured perhaps I've just been sitting on the seat for too long (it was very hot here yesterday, hovered around 93-96 deg F all day with high humidity), so I went home. Stopped in the driveway and got out (left the engine running to avoid resetting the problem just yet) and waited a few minutesto give the upholstery time to cool off from my body heat. Then I felt the seat with my hand, and then I felt the passenger seat, and found that the driver's seat wasstill hot, so I thought I'd fiddle with the switch. Turned the driver's side seat heater all the way up to 6, then back down to zero and sure enough within a few moments it was just as cool as the passenger seat.

Has anyone else ever had this sort of thing happen? Or heard of it? Since moving the switch on and offcorrected the issue, I'm going to start with the assumption that the switch is part of the problem. Any other suggestions are very welcome!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Heated seat randomly comes on!

Yep, switch is the problem.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Heated seat randomly comes on!

Could be the relay. I would switch relays with the passenger seat. If it has separate relays. I know the old 4000s did. This should tell you if its the relay or switch.