Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heatwrap around testpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Heatwrap around testpipe?

Is it neccessary to put heat shield around your testpipe? I was researching around and i someone that wrapped his TP, why do people do that?

thanks, just a question i had.

another question,

i keep searching ebay for a 3" TP, but i have no luck, all i run into is 2.5", i've searched the forums and people are satisfied with ebay TP, so im guessing it would work good. What tp do people usally get? i heard ecode's tp isn't so great. what do you guys suggest i get, i'm going BT in the next couple months.

thanks agian.

yikes, another question, i got the stock airbox filter and its dirty *** hell, could this decrease performence?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Heatwrap around testpipe?

ORIGINAL: jinnyboo

Is it neccessary to put heat shield around your testpipe? I was researching around and i someone that wrapped his TP, why do people do that? its not necessary but it helps to keep temps down under the hood, personally i would jet coat it instead of heat wrapping it

thanks, just a question i had.

another question,

i keep searching ebay for a 3" TP, but i have no luck, all i run into is 2.5", i've searched the forums and people are satisfied with ebay TP, so im guessing it would work good. What tp do people usally get? i heard ecode's tp isn't so great. what do you guys suggest i get, i'm going BT in the next couple months. who told you that? ecode's tp works great. all it is, is a straight pipe, not to hard to get that right...and ecode and 034 both carry 3" tp's

thanks agian.

yikes, another question, i got the stock airbox filter and its dirty *** hell, could this decrease performence?

what part is dirty? the filter? if so than yeah it can harm performance a bit, just get a k&n drop in filter

Old 12-05-2007, 04:18 AM
5th Gear

and if your going BT get a tp that has the same flange as the turbo your picking (wont be the same as the k03) or you can just get one that fits the k03 for now and then get a new flange welded on when you go BT

Old 12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

i think heat wrap looks ghetto but it does the job of keeping underhood temps down... i would get it ceramic coated if i had the $.. inside and out... several people on audizine have wrapped their TP and hotside of turbo and built a lot of heat shielding and significatly lowered their underhood temps and EGTs verified with vagcom

Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the help.

does anyone know how much jet-hot.com is to get it wrapped?

well im gonna go bt anytime soon, im not gonna get the tp for the k03. im gonna get a tp for the apexi turbo, im gonna get everything ready before i start, because i like having everything there.

i already have the turbo.
i need 440cc injectors.
i need a 3" exhaust.
i need a 3" tp
i need a t25 manifold
i need a t25 flange inlet and outlet
i need a dv
i need a fmic
i need a tune.

i think thats all of it.

well thanks for the help. i might get it wrapped at jet-hot.com. rather than that, i just won't wrap it at all. =P

Old 12-05-2007, 03:13 PM

you need a lot of stuff...but thats ok cause im just were u are. i have a t3 turbo for mine and i bought a test pipe which fits into both somehow idk how that happened...

Old 12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

i think heat wrap looks ghetto but it does the job of keeping underhood temps down... i would get it ceramic coated if i had the $.. inside and out... several people on audizine have wrapped their TP and hotside of turbo and built a lot of heat shielding and significatly lowered their underhood temps and EGTs verified with vagcom
The real reason to wrap/coat the turbine/dp is to trap IN the the heat so the the turbo spools faster.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

The real reason to wrap/coat the turbine/dp is to trap IN the the heat so the the turbo spools faster.
Hmm ive never heard it explained like that.. its always been lower temps the better.... one of the 3+ guys on zine has wrapped everything he can and put on a lot of heat shielding and his EGTs stay lower than mine! and im only 1+.. my EGTs get to 930c during the summer... his stay mid 800s... i guess that poor k03 spins so fast and hard it heats it up more too....compresses the air in a smaller space than a BT

Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Hmm ive never heard it explained like that.. its always been lower temps the better.... one of the 3+ guys on zine has wrapped everything he can and put on a lot of heat shielding and his EGTs stay lower than mine! and im only 1+.. my EGTs get to 930c during the summer... his stay mid 800s... i guess that poor k03 spins so fast and hard it heats it up more too....compresses the air in a smaller space than a BT
The tiny housing causes a restriction and increases the egt. But with a larger turbo, ~200rpms of lag can be shaved off withmanifold and turbinecoated along with all the other benifits.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
2nd Gear

thats what one of the other guys with 3+ said all his wrapping and coating did for him...

Quick Reply: Heatwrap around testpipe?