Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel-toe

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default Heel-toe

ok, i cant do this yet, ive been practicing though, and when i searched this site, there was some info on it, but still wasnt that clear to me. i found these two sites and they explain it pretty well

hopefully this helps other like me, who are trying to master heel-toe

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving..._heeltoe.shtml

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/how...2/article.html

Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Heel-toe

I find it a bit hard with the stock pedal's, so what i do for now is just rev match when entering corners.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

I find it a bit hard with the stock pedals
Yeah, hitting the gas pedal with the heel I find especially hard.

While we're on topic, what's a good set of pedals that will make heel-toe easier? They'll be relatively cheap, so I can ask one of my friends to get it for me for christmas.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

double post

Old 12-18-2006, 09:17 PM
4th Gear

There was a group buy a while ago not sure if you can still get the pedals at a discount or not though. I did'nt buy them because I think they were about $50+ and i cant see myself spending that much on pedals. I also remember that you cant just slap any set on your car. My idea was to bend the gas pedal up closer to my brake pedal.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:23 PM

I love heel-toe driving.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

There was a group buy a while ago not sure if you can still get the pedals at a discount or not though. I did'nt buy them because I think they were about $50+ and i cant see myself spending that much on pedals. I also remember that you cant just slap any set on your car.
I know I can't slap just any set, hence the me asking for a good set

Edit: nvm, found it.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

fenderstrat,
for me, it's more like the ball of the foot & side of the foot in the A4. Have fun, it's really rewarding going thru some twisties clean

Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
2nd Gear

what might be a bit easier... instead of heel on gas and toe on brake... try it the other way about... might be a bit easier (my buddy suggested that, and hes pretty damn good at heel-toe)

Old 12-18-2006, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

just becuase it's called 'heel toe' doesn't mean you actually have to use only your heel, and only your toe. Depending on the car, the pedals will allow certain variations of the same technique. On my a4, it's more of a big toe/side of foot. Other cars, different parts of you foot based on the the spacing.

The real important part is keeping the rev's matched and up high, so you don't throw off the balance of the suspension, as well as have the motor in the sweet spot for the turn exit.

Quick Reply: Heel-toe