Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel-toe

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Heel-toe

ORIGINAL: fenderstrat1184

what might be a bit easier... instead of heel on gas and toe on brake... try it the other way about... might be a bit easier (my buddy suggested that, and hes pretty damn good at heel-toe)

heel toe, you modulate the brake and blip the throttle
your friend is doing the other way. i guess that's like writing w/ your left hand

whatever works is the best way!

Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 PM
2nd Gear

Yes, for my i either blip the throttle while im off the break, or i use heel on break and toe on bedal. it makes it a lot easier to mediate the pressure. try pushing the gas with ur heel while driving to school lol.

and the stock pedals kill it. it is becuase the gas is placed so far below the break that you cant heel toe well unless ur under hard breaking. my friends jeep. omg it was the easiest thing inthe world to heel-toe. the gas is just right there. that, and our engines slow rev speed doesnt help that. but i guess a lwfw could fix that somewhat

Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 PM
2nd Gear

hmm maybe new pedals could be in my xmas stocking this year...

Old 12-19-2006, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear

lol. ive been a boog boy santa! i swear

Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 AM

I have a hard time with the "heel-toe" in my A4, but it's really second nature in my little Acura. The pedals are a bit closer, and I'm able to roll my foot off of the brake a little, and blip the throttle with the right side of my foot.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Cosmic Fur

ORIGINAL: new2me

There was a group buy a while ago not sure if you can still get the pedals at a discount or not though. I did'nt buy them because I think they were about $50+ and i cant see myself spending that much on pedals. I also remember that you cant just slap any set on your car.
I know I can't slap just any set, hence the me asking for a good set

Edit: nvm, found it.
hey cosmic, i have a b6 a4 with the same problem. what kind of pedals did you end up getting? are they any good?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

OK SORRY GUYS BUT WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO USE HEEL AND TOE IN THE US... DRIVIN IN A STRAIGHT LINE AT 55......??????????????? LEFT FOOT BRAKING !!!!!!! YOU LL BE TRYING THAT NEXT .... ha ha ha ha ha .. DO YOU GUYS EVEN KNOW WHAT A HAIRPIN BEND IS !

Old 12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
4th Gear

Is that when you take a turn and a hairpin falls out, so you bend over to pick it up?

ORIGINAL: alfiesride

OK SORRY GUYS BUT WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO USE HEEL AND TOE IN THE US... DRIVIN IN A STRAIGHT LINE AT 55......??????????????? LEFT FOOT BRAKING !!!!!!! YOU LL BE TRYING THAT NEXT .... ha ha ha ha ha .. DO YOU GUYS EVEN KNOW WHAT A HAIRPIN BEND IS !

Old 12-21-2006, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

Yeah we know what a hairpin bend is. It's the road that we choose to drive on, not HAVE to drive on. See, America is so big that we can do whatever we want. Must **** people off in little, wet countries where they slog around on narrow roads because they have to.[8D]

Old 12-21-2006, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Cruiserhead

Yeah we know what a hairpin bend is. It's the road that we choose to drive on, not HAVE to drive on. See, America is so big that we can do whatever we want. Must **** people off in little, wet countries where they slog around on narrow roads because they have to.[8D]
Seriously... Our states are bigger then most countrys... I think its funny when people act like America doesnt have any good roads, or good places to go to... Yet everyone comes here for vacation, or to live... When I go to Europe and people talk about going to America for vacation I laugh... They talk **** then come here to see the sights...

And no what I have said is not for all Europeans, and yes what I have said is true... Not only have I traveled alot but I have had several foreign exchange students stay at my home, all from different countrys...

SMo'

Quick Reply: Heel-toe