Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello all. n00b here. BMW to Audi question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Default Hello all. n00b here. BMW to Audi question.

I am a die hard euro enthusiast and currently have an e46 chassis BMW under construction. I have had my eye on a couple of local cars and one is a sweet Blk/Blk A4 1.8TQ w/manual. It has around 76K on the clock, aftermarket 17" wheels and some sort of aftermarket exhaust. Thinking of looking seriously.

Any of you guys come from BMW to Audi? If so, how's the experience been?

Thanks,
J

Old 07-27-2006, 08:10 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Hello all. n00b here. BMW to Audi question.

Have not owned a BMW yet, but definitely am a fan.

This is the first audi, and it is a fine machine.

I would think that they are pretty comparable overall, audi has the Quattro which is a plus, it should have comparable handling and power characteristics vs. a similar line BMW.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:12 PM
3rd Gear

audi =

Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

My last two cars were a BMW Z3 and then an Audi A4. They aren't really "comparable" but both were fun to drive and comfortable at the same time. I am currently looking for a new car and I've narrowed down to either an A4 or 3-series, with an outside possibility of a Z4. The Benefits of the A4 are the fuel economy (in 2.0T trim) and all-weather practicality. I also personally think the A4 is better looking than the 3er. The 3er is faster though (stock) and you get better feel for the road when you drive them.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

My dad leased a 2003 BMW 3 series for three years and I have an Audi A4 1.8t from 2001, they're both great and unique cars. The Audi has a little bit more personality (since it's so small and 'peppy') but in my opinion doesn't drive as well as the 3 series. I'd say drive both cars back to back it depends on what you want, if it were me I wouldn't give up my BMW (if I had one) as long as it was in good working order.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:27 AM
2nd Gear

the quattro on the audis makes them a great overall car to own. in one car, you can get sport and luxury. it's great!

Old 07-28-2006, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear

Agree that BMWs probably have a better overall "feel" for the road. Depending on the engine, a little faster stock. But the Audi's are no slouches in these categories either. I personally like the look of Audi's better, both exterior and definitely better interior.

And don't forget...Quattro ownz, the BMW "x" models ain't got nutthin :-)

Old 07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AML 225

My dad leased a 2003 BMW 3 series for three years and I have an Audi A4 1.8t from 2001, they're both great and unique cars. The Audi has a little bit more personality (since it's so small and 'peppy') but in my opinion doesn't drive as well as the 3 series. I'd say drive both cars back to back it depends on what you want, if it were me I wouldn't give up my BMW (if I had one) as long as it was in good working order.

exactly my situation. dads 330i rides low, is far faster, brakes are ok...3 series DEF has more rear seat room which i like. mine is non sport, so i wont compare handeling issues, but BMW you just have more of a feel for the road. my audi is more smooth cruiser than sport sedan. BMW= Real Leather

1.8 A4= Letherette (wtf)

If i move to texas, which i plan on doing in a year or so, if i need a new car at the time it will be a BMW, no need for Q down there. unless I start autox which im sure wont happen.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the honesty guys. I really appreciate it.

J

Old 07-28-2006, 02:32 PM

if your looking to buy new i hear bmw is comming out with a 300 hp supercharged v6 for the 07 model 3 series....thats gonna be intresting concidering this is liek one of thier first non N/A cars

Quick Reply: Hello all. n00b here. BMW to Audi question.