Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with GTRS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help with GTRS

Ok today I reset the fuel trims and did a TBA (Clears any stored timing corrections).... went for a drive and after a drive of about 40 miles the idle fuel trim is at +1.8% which is ok with me...But the part load fuel trims are 24-25% (I think 25% is the most it can go) this is what worries me. I am going to do a pressure test to see if there are any leaks.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:15 PM
2nd Gear

Have you ever read this? This is from a post on Audiworld from Andy at Ross Tech:
You can check your current state of trim by using VAG-COM or equivalent to look in Group 032 in your engine measuring blocks. The first two fields will have percentages. The first field tells the fuel trim at idle (Additive). The second field tells the fuel trim at elevated engine speeds (Multiplicative). Negative values indicate that the engine is running too rich and oxygen sensor control is therefore making it more lean by reducing the amount of time that the injectors are open. Positive values indicate that the engine is running too lean and oxygen sensor control is therefore making it richer by increasing the amount of time that the injectors are open.

It is totally normal for both the first and second fields to be something other than zero. In fact, zeros IN BOTH FIELDS indicates that either you just cleared codes (which will reset fuel trim values) or something isn't working properly. If values get too far away from zero, it will cause a DTC (fault code) and can set off the MIL (commonly referred to as the Check Engine Light, or CEL). Specifications for normal operation are usually somewhere near +/- 10%.

In general, an out-of-spec value in the first field (Additive) indicates a vacuum leak since it is mostly present at idle, when vacuum is highest. An out-of-spec value in the second field (Multiplicative) indicates a fault at higher RPM, and may point to a faulty MAF.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Today I found a boost leak, fixed it and thought everything was going to be all good.... I reset the fuel trims and made a little drive. The fuel trims slowly creaped up till they settled at Idle: 4.8% Part Throttle: 22.4%. So I unplugged the MAF Sensor reset and drove for about 25miles, the fuel trims read as followed...idle:-0.3% part throttle: +2.9%... a lot better.... it seems like the MAF is not working properly. But why the MAF is brand New. the MAF when plugged in reads 1.9-2.0g/s at idle and at WOT it reads about 165-170g/s... so it is working but not really what could be wrong?

Old 05-24-2007, 06:43 AM
2nd Gear

Try checking the MAP sensor. I think there is an explanation of how to check it on Audiworld. It seems to be working finesince you have good fuel trims with the MAF sensor unplugged but it's worth a look.

Have you been getting any lazy O2 sensor codes? If the pre-cat O2 sensor isn't reading correctly you can get all kinds of funnt **** happening.
Do you have the right MAF sensor for the software?

Old 05-25-2007, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Would a bad MAP sensor make me pull so much timing????

Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 PM
4th Gear

2 grams at idle seems low. Reched the MAF sensor. Just because it is new doesn't mean it is working. Check the connections?

Dielectric grease on the connections? (Just guessing at this point, Plus I've had 2 BIG martinis).