Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Default Help me out...

Does anyone know for sure if b5 a4avant oem sports suspension will work fine on a b5 a4sedan. I seach and find different opinions but does anyone know for sure?? Thanks

Old 05-31-2007, 03:46 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Help me out...

no it won't - yes it will fit....but won't look right - that the reason they have different part #'s

Old 05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
3rd Gear

Yes, it will fit, & yes it will work.

However, the rear spring rates are much higher, so the back will sit higher, & the car will understeer even more then stock.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
4th Gear

Stiffer rear springs should increase oversteer.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: CRAZYHAWK

Sorry, you got it backwards... but I had to look it up to make sure, I wasn't backwards...

Understeer causes the car to go straighter than the trajectory that the driver is trying to take. This is sometimes known as pushing, plowing, or ‘refusing to turn in’. However, the car will be fairly stable as it is not wanting to spin. Understeer can appear under heavy acceleration and through heavy braking. If the brake balance is too heavy at the front (the front brakes are stronger than the rear), the car may understeer because the front wheels lock and lose effective steering. To counter understeer, more rear wing can be added to create more downforce at the back of the car, and the rear suspension softened.
The softer wheel rate will give more grip, so if the back is stiffer, it will slip more, creating more understeer.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:36 PM

thanks guys

Old 06-01-2007, 10:11 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Sorry, you got it backwards... but I had to look it up to make sure, I wasn't backwards...

Understeer causes the car to go straighter than the trajectory that the driver is trying to take. This is sometimes known as pushing, plowing, or ‘refusing to turn in’. However, the car will be fairly stable as it is not wanting to spin. Understeer can appear under heavy acceleration and through heavy braking. If the brake balance is too heavy at the front (the front brakes are stronger than the rear), the car may understeer because the front wheels lock and lose effective steering. To counter understeer, more rear wing can be added to create more downforce at the back of the car, and the rear suspension softened.
The softer wheel rate will give more grip, so if the back is stiffer, it will slip more, creating more understeer.
The last sentence should end "creating more oversteer".

Old 06-01-2007, 12:33 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4
The softer wheel rate (in the front) will give more grip, so if the back is stiffer, it will slip more, creating more understeer.
The last sentence should end "creating more oversteer".
Sorry, in the front suspension....