Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me out with my shoping list.. engine rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:42 PM
3rd Gear
Default help me out with my shoping list.. engine rebuild.

Ok I have some money so im going to start looking at prices and buying parts over the next few weeks for my mild rebuild..

I'm trying to spend as little money as posible because im going to be buying a ring for my GF in a month or so..
with that said I just need a little bit of help because i dont really know what I need, i know what i want to do just not what i need..

I have an apr stage 3+ ATW 1.8t

What I know:
-car has bad valve seals, going to bring the head to a machine shop to have it fixed, ported and polished.
-gt28rs has some shaft play, going to have a new CHRA put in or just buy a 2871r

What I want to do: just want to put scat rods in, a keep the stock pistons, have the head fixed and turbo fixed or a new turbo.

What i need to know: other then the rods what do i need to buy for the bottom end to install the rods i have only done one other rebuild and it was from a kit with everything for my 350.. is there a kit i can buy with all the new bottom end seals and rings? also need to know how the 2871r will run with my APR tune and if it will work out ok becasue i like the tune i have minus the injectors..

so please help me out with a shopping list.. thanks..

so far this is what i got for my list:
gasket set
timing bet kit with water pump
scat rods