Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP....N75 VALVE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP....N75 VALVE!

I need help installing my N75 valve correctly. I thought I had it installed correctly but after installation and start up I absolutely had no throttle response and car would lag really long before reving. It sounded like the turbo was trying to spool but there was no air to receive almost like the carwas starving for air. If I installed the valve backwards or reverse from the proper position would my car react like this? In the process of cleaning my MAFI chippeda small peice ofthe element off, now my car is throwing a code for MAF low no-inputsignal.Since Iscrewed mymaf sensor up toois this the cause of why my car is acting this way? I step on thegasand the car goes no where, just bogs right down. WTF!

I'm freaking out all b/c I was working on my car for a totally different problem and caused a new one.I had breaks sticking, binding up so I flushed and replaced my brake fluid. Had a vaccum leak and found that elbow leading into the master cylinder from the intake manifold had a tear in it. Replaced that elbow, vaccum hose and my brakes were fixed! Had some surging issues and inconsistent boost problems, tried replacing my n75 and cleaning my mass airflow sensor and now all hell broke loose. Now I have a car that will not go no where.

If anyone has an intake set-up diagram that shows a reference of the N75 valve and it's installation in relation to its' three inlets that would be great. I originally had it where the longer tube goes into the intake, left side goes to the turbo and right side goes to the wastegate valve. I believe this is the correct position but the car was still reacting the same. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: HELP....N75 VALVE!

Long nipple goes into big turbo hose. Shorter nipples get connected to hose from the turbo nipple and hose from wastegate.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the quick reply onepointbee, your always a huge assistance. Ok, so I did have it installed right. Damn, so a faulty MAF would cause my car to run bad? You step on the gas and it bogs right down. I even tried disconnecting the MAF clearing my codes and starting the car back up and had the same response. I don't know what to do. Replace the MAF? How much will that set me down...Oh boy. []

Old 11-17-2007, 06:39 PM

If your MAF is throwing a code, I think that has something to do with the intake, not with a DV. You chipping it might have damaged it to the point where it doesn't recognize airflow in the engine, so it can't adjust the amount or fuel : air necessary to run. But that's just a speculation, I'm not sure what an improperly installed DV could do. It sounds more like an intake issue though. Hope that helps.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear

Old 11-17-2007, 06:43 PM

Beautiful diagram. I'll trade you my authentic Mona Lisa for it?

Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Site Moderator

Make sure your maf is installed in the right direction (there should be an arrow pointing in the direction of air flow). Try unplugging the MAF (electronically) and see how/if engine operation and performance changes. Usually, if it runs better unplugged, you have a bad maf.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: Leifer
I'm not sure what an improperly installed DV could do. It sounds more like an intake issue though.
an n75 valve is not a diverter valve, it regulates the wastegate. n75 is the coding audi uses...

and yes i am pretty positive that its the maf that making your car run like fecal matter. they seem to like to do that.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

I'm not sure what an improperly installed DV could do. It sounds more like an intake issue though.
an n75 valve is not a diverter valve, it regulates the wastegate. n75 is the coding audi uses...

and yes i am pretty positive that its the maf that making your car run like fecal matter. they seem to like to do that.
I know that my MAF is bad now that I damaged it. I sprayed cleaner into the housing (without removing sensor) and gently wiped the filament to clean. Well, gently was not good enough, I should have left my damn hands away from it because now I flaked a small section of it off. Although I brokeit, I did not think an inoperable MAF sensor could retard the ecu to the extent of it not even taking any throttle and running so poorly. Thanks for all the responses guys.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

*cough* nevermind then.

Quick Reply: HELP....N75 VALVE!